Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The things you see on E bay.......

Far Enough North of 43.6532° N, 79.3832° W
    Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    someone with an ebay account please, please ask the seller this!!!
    I tried to, but he doesn't accept questions being asked...only what answers he already submitted on the site. I was gonna ask him if he could give me a deal on the rest of the bottle!
    One very important ingredient of success is a good, persistent, tireless enemy...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Qhergt's Avatar
    I got a reply from him

Hi, soda bottles caps are VERY LARGE diameter over 1" as I just measured one for you, original mossberg follower diameter would drop right into a soda cap, check for yourself next time you buy a diet coke (followers are not from soda bottles caps but look of the same concept) - the material used is softer and chemical resistant.) . And if your follower is the same or close diameter as a mossberg it should fit. use a caliper and measure your follower. The outside diameter of this follower is .903 where the spring will thread into, and is tapered down to .883 where it meets the receiver.
    I measured a 2 liter soda bottle cap and diameter is 1.203" just in case you were wondering.
    Factory mossberg follower measures .905 and tapers down to .899 my follower is narrower as if you use your shotgun in dirty and dusty conditions and "really" use the heck out of it, you will see the failures of stamped steel and aluminum. Take a little dirt...drop it in your magazine tube and see how well your follower glides over that debris. It won't, and will jam halfway up the tube leaving the only option to drive a cleaning rod down the tube if there is a access hole or to remove the tube completely and bang on a rock hoping it would free the shells. I would not want to have to do this if a situation ever arose.
    The factory tolerances are tight...too tight for debris in the tube. My shotgun was put though a severe torture test with these followers, reason why there are dings in my tube...and the soft plastic follower surpassed both aluminum and stamped steel 10 fold.

I offer 100% satisfaction on this follower, if I wasn't 100% satisfied with functionality I would not offer the item for sale.
    You can make smart remarks about it thats fine. but until you actually go out and get your gun dirty instead of hanging it off your fireplace mantle as a decoration you won't understand the difference between the factory follower flaws versus my designed follower.:
    Quote Originally Posted by djmay71 View Post
    I haven't had sex in 3 years.
    But then again, its kinda my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhergt View Post
    I got a reply from him

Hi, soda bottles caps are VERY LARGE diameter over 1" as I just measured one for you, original mossberg follower diameter would drop right into a soda cap, check for yourself next time you buy a diet coke (followers are not from soda bottles caps but look of the same concept) - the material used is softer and chemical resistant.) . And if your follower is the same or close diameter as a mossberg it should fit. use a caliper and measure your follower. The outside diameter of this follower is .903 where the spring will thread into, and is tapered down to .883 where it meets the receiver.
    I measured a 2 liter soda bottle cap and diameter is 1.203" just in case you were wondering.
    Factory mossberg follower measures .905 and tapers down to .899 my follower is narrower as if you use your shotgun in dirty and dusty conditions and "really" use the heck out of it, you will see the failures of stamped steel and aluminum. Take a little dirt...drop it in your magazine tube and see how well your follower glides over that debris. It won't, and will jam halfway up the tube leaving the only option to drive a cleaning rod down the tube if there is a access hole or to remove the tube completely and bang on a rock hoping it would free the shells. I would not want to have to do this if a situation ever arose.
    The factory tolerances are tight...too tight for debris in the tube. My shotgun was put though a severe torture test with these followers, reason why there are dings in my tube...and the soft plastic follower surpassed both aluminum and stamped steel 10 fold.

I offer 100% satisfaction on this follower, if I wasn't 100% satisfied with functionality I would not offer the item for sale.
    You can make smart remarks about it thats fine. but until you actually go out and get your gun dirty instead of hanging it off your fireplace mantle as a decoration you won't understand the difference between the factory follower flaws versus my designed follower.:
    wow what a technical answer...
    its still a pop bottle cap, I know I use to own a small packaging company we also made plastic blisters and themo formed plastic, still have all the equip wilting in a where house doing nothing for the last 5+ years...
    He just got lucky and found one the right size

I fear everyone has taken this too far. Clearly these are not from pop bottles. To accuse the seller of this is just unfair.
    Clearly this is from a one litre 10w 30 oil jug. Lets keep this real people!
    The .22 is a gateway gun.

holy F++++ hes sold 3 of them now, which 2 of you ordered?

BANNED
    I say he's a genius. To quote PT Barnum...

Cannon

damm you Simon,
    because of you now i walk around with a caliper in my pocket and mesure random caps at supermarket and CT.
    just trying to find out where he is taking those from.
    i kinda think is up to something....well maybee not the bottle cap venue but the soft/maleable material.
    a similar screw on to the spring made out of teflon could be an answer to a real life problem.
    believe it or not....the story he tells of crap and sand getting in mag tube did happened to me in the sand box....suck to hand load one by one. because the timming is just not right for cleaning.
    of course.....i wasnt using your follower at that time.........
    why did you have to get me all excited about this?
    steve

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    I bet the three that sold was to his buddies , old trick , put up sold signs on deserted island beach front property .

The BALLS on this guy!
    I can't even be annoyed at it. He makes it pretty obvious what it is in the pics.
    Probably works well too.
    Anxiousness is the axeman of accuracy.
    IPSC and 3gun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234