Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Colt Canada C8 IUR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    The obscene price was the biggest killer of its sales more than anything. At a time when wolverine was putting up daniel defense guns for 1200 it was bad to try and sell the canadian colts for 2200 and 2400. And the sudden price drop to 1800 and 2000 respectively had 2 possibly 3 problems. 1 it wasn't a sufficient drop in price, 2 it was a slap in the face of every early adopter that paid the big initial asking price. 3 and this is probably there could be some people holding off expecting a second price drop.

The knights uses a different propietary bolt if I am not mistaken, Whereas the CC uses a milspec bolt.

Do I think they are good guns? After playing with mine, other than being features bare, it is a good quality gun.
    The Knights guns come with an improved bolt, full ambi lower, match triggers, sopmod stock, QD sling mounts and mounts, free float rails, hard gun case, at only a slightly higher price. IMO they are a much better value considering these are from the U.S. and they have to be imported unlike the CC made in Kitchener Ontario.

Also you fail to mention the LE/mil pricing fiasco
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    I'm interested in the DMR but I think the price point will be a bit of a shock. I know people are hoping that these will be up for grabs shortly but I don't see it. Matt has indicated triads, parts, other uppers due to overruns or whatnot coming to market, but it has been some time now. Even hats, shirts that people want...., crickets. Heck Matt announced some time ago about a warrenty form that was going to be put on the site to register current owners guns. Last time I checked still nothing.

My personal thought is that the current offering of C7/C8 LE are selling slower than what was anticipated and they are losing interest in the civ market.

One thing is that the ones they have sold must be making other owners happy as well. I have only seen one for sale on the EE.
    The Knights guns come with an improved bolt, full ambi lower, match triggers, sopmod stock, QD sling mounts and mounts, free float rails, hard gun case, at only a slightly higher price. IMO they are a much better value considering these are from the U.S. and they have to be imported unlike the CC made in Kitchener Ontario.

Also you fail to mention the LE/mil pricing fiasco
    That's because I was unaware of this please pm me with more details.

Also, completely agree with your assesment of kac being better value than cc based on the similar costs.

BANNED
    The Mil pricing was great :-)

Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    That's because I was unaware of this please pm me with more details.

Also, completely agree with your assesment of kac being better value than cc based on the similar costs.
    Well these guns were marketed for the guys who want to own what they carried etc etc...
    To me it really didt matter if there was going to be a discount for LE/Mil.
    I had contacted Korth and was told something was in the works and to contact back.
    I contacted the same person at Korth and was told that they changed their mind and it LE/mil deal was off. Posted it here and to make a long story short this sales rep at Korth was wrong. This is also after I bought a C8. Come to find out I got screwed on some money.
    The dealer I bought refunded me to their cost for the gun. That was great. Ended up getting a set of green furniture mailed to be at no cost. But I was the greasy wheel that got grease. I ended up selling the black set for 270 so I really got a good deal on this thing after all.

Now if your going to offer a deal then great. If not that's fine too.
    Where I have the problem .... If your going to offer one do it from the beginning not a short while after they went forsale.
    This screwed a few people over. Matt at CC said they were young to work something out for these guys with Korth but nothing has seemed to be done. I posted a thread that got locked on this matter.
    CSSA Member

I still would take my KAC any day over a CC gun.
    Then why are you selling yours?

I would be interested in an IUR upper for sure in 11.5, would like to see a review though and detailed as well.

Great seeing Colt Canada at a commercial show.

IUR. Sexy rifles. Made in Canada.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner99 View Post
    Then why are you selling yours?
    Did it cross your mind that I may have more than one ?
    CSSA Member

Did it cross your mind that I may have more than one ?
    Nice

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by saitek11 View Post
    We use carry handle sight too. Bobo you work for common sense cancelled too?
    I'm not Bobo but I work for common sense cancelled as well

Solid rifle.