Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Colt Canada C8 IUR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    Did it cross your mind that I may have more than one ?
    well played!

Great rifle... I put up the money for the SA15.7. Considering that it is an anniversary model and that there are only 490 available to the public, I never felt the slap in the face at all. Due to nostalgia and limited quantity on the first run it is and will continue to be a desired rifle.

I don't run a museum though. If I own it I shoot it... Happy shooting everyone!!!

One more through: I think that Diemaco has just implemented an ingenious marketing strategy. Your going to see our friends south of the border wanting their hands on these which will in turn drive sales here.... time will tell

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    Great rifle... I put up the money for the SA15.7. Considering that it is an anniversary model and that there are only 490 available to the public, I never felt the slap in the face at all. Due to nostalgia and limited quantity on the first run it is and will continue to be a desired rifle.

I don't run a museum though. If I own it I shoot it... Happy shooting everyone!!!
    Is it a highly desired rifle? Hardly. They still have initial run left.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    One more through: I think that Diemaco has just implemented an ingenious marketing strategy. Your going to see our friends south of the border wanting their hands on these which will in turn drive sales here.... time will tell
    I think it has been marketed in the worst ways.
    It's been highly endorsed by Larry Vickers, and everyone knows that these are quality firearms.
    It doesn't matter to the US market as they can't be imported into the US for civ sales.
    CSSA Member

How do you guys think these models will be priced to get this thread back on track lol.
    I really would like to get my hands on one but not willing to pay with a kidney.

I am thinking that they will be around $2999 for the cheapest model of IUR. Retail price that is.
    CSSA Member

Whatever they make to sell to civies, keep the recoil lug.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

How do you guys think these models will be priced to get this thread back on track lol.
    I really would like to get my hands on one but not willing to pay with a kidney.

I am thinking that they will be around $2999 for the cheapest model of IUR. Retail price that is.
    It wasn't that long ago that I was willing to drop $2800 on a plain Jane 6920. Then my heart went to BCM based on the reports of reliability/quality. Then we got dumped on with well priced/affordable AR gallore. Now we turning our nose up at a very high quality,accurate, Canadian made rifle/carbine with awesome customer service.

My AR10 had a Noveske upper. it was sweet: shot like a dream, never had a problem with it. My heart breaks everytime I remember that I sold it. (I don't remember which CGNer bought it, but I hope it is serving you well.) Yet, even if you dropped a brand new Noveske, Centurion Arms, Knights, BCM, LaRue, LWRC, i would just turn around and sell/trade it for a Diemaco C8.

With the dollar going the way it is, it won't be long before the prices on C7-C8 become appealing, IMHO.

Only accurate and reliable rifles matter. Diemaco has both in spades.

Those 6920's were highly gouged. Irunguns made this evident.
    I do agree that these will be more appealing with the cad losing so much ground. It all depends how much these increase because I assume lots of the materials come from the USA.
    I saw in a thread that Korth was holding sales of them due to an approx 7% increase. Don't know if this was the truth or not.
    CSSA Member

I saw in a thread that Korth was holding sales of them due to an approx 7% increase. Don't know if this was the truth or not.
    I can show you the emails if you want...

BTW I'm STILL waiting for an update from Korth...

Best thing Colt Canada could do in 2015 is change distributors. Korth's attitude is not helping Colt Canada reach the market!