Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Colt Canada C8 IUR

CGN Regular
    If the AR was non restricted ........ we would already be paying CC pricing or more for NEA and Bushmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    To be honest, I find it very interesting some people keep complaining about the price of the C7 and C8, but have no issues of dropping over 2000+ dollars on other rifles that are sold to other militaries in the world as "budget rifles", or paying for accessories or modifications that have not gone through formal testing. Some of the more pricy rifles are not even NATO certified and are not built by factories with ISO certification. I don't see no one ever complaint about paying 3400 for a Swiss Arms, 2500 for Tavor and over 2000 dollars for a HK SL8, but they have a lot of issues with paying less money for a C7 or C8 semi. Even the budget military rifle ARX100 is sold for over 2000 CDN out in the street down in the US.

The contradiction is deafening. If you want to buy a cheap recreational AR, buy a cheap recreational AR and there is plenty abound. If people want to buy a semi automatic version of a C8 , that is NATO certified weapon, pony up and get the Colt Canada. There will always be people who buy the lowest price, and people who don't care about buying the cheapest. There will always be people who will pay more to be the first in line guinea pigs advertised as the newest improvement, and there are always people who only buy certified and field tested weapons from real arms factories.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    I disagree 100% with you. The proof is in the pudding. If there was such a high demand they would be sold out already.
    Will they sell lots of the IUR model, don't think so due to the cost.
    That is if you look how poorly the LE have done sales wise and their price point will be much lower.

I honestly will be surprised if Colt Canada continues with Civ sales. I saw the LE models as a trial run that somewhat missed it's mark.
    I was talking about the limited edition rifles not the law enforcement rifles.
    Also that number seems really high. I have heard numbers much lower.
    Ahhh ok...I misunderstood...

As for what the RCMP paid...it does sound high but its the price point I've been told by the BFI's....

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner99 View Post
    Because it is non-restricted and most people I know have a bunch of AR's and bought everything already, plus as word gets out in a few years sales will go up dramatically I bet you. Everyone I know says they want one but they own 2 NEA, 1 Bushmaster and a Colt, so it is insane to get another AR, plus considering how the market has inflated and deflated on AR pricing these days, and the abundance of manufactures out there. CC should have came out a decade ago, but sales will go up when the next wave of shooters comes out to buy an AR.
    Exactly... The marketing gurus know this. Diemoco isn't doing trial civi run, they know exactly what they are doing and it's great.

Marketing strategies aside...does anyone have any info on a timeframe for sale to the Cdn public?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac604 View Post
    Marketing strategies aside...does anyone have any info on a timeframe for sale to the Cdn public?
    I remember seeing a post by the sales rep indicating nothing further until the initial run has sold.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    Exactly... The marketing gurus know this. Diemoco isn't doing trial civi run, they know exactly what they are doing and it's great.
    Time will tell.
    CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman1303 View Post
    Problem is most distributors will rape the public on price. I know Korth has huge increase in price.
    How much do they buy them from Colt for and how do you know this info? I thought I was in the loop but apparently I'm not. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

I remember seeing a post by the sales rep indicating nothing further until the initial run has sold.
    Hmmm....Is it a manufacturing issue? Or are the SA rifles a litmus test for the civilian market for future production?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac604 View Post
    Hmmm....Is it a manufacturing issue? Or are the SA rifles a litmus test for the civilian market for future production?
    Personally I do think it was to test civ sales.
    I know they do no make a a lot of rifles per day compared to Colt USA so maybe they are back logged with LE/MIL orders.
    That takes priority over civ sales.
    CSSA Member