Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Radom MSBS Live Firing

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 250rg View Post
    Are you on another planet?
    You go off on this tripe like you are aware of what the Polish army needs or wants. Great not the question I am asking
    I am asking what is the issue with the polish armies order in regards to the process of the civilian rifle being released.
    Not oh geez I am a arm chair quarter back the Polish army needs this rifle.

I am asking a question of people who have actually talked the folks at Radom and have bought the MSBS rifle.
    What I am asking is and it is quite clear is there enough production or are they waiting on a Polish army order.
    You come across like you know have some inside scoop? I don't know maybe you do. But if you do you could try to make you point in a less confrontational and arrogant way.
    As for you reality check.
    Please read this article It states new factory and that the Polish Arny is buying 14000 msbs
    http://www.janes.com/article/40373/f...5-ragun-pistol

after reading this it just shake my head at how pompous you come across.
    Delivery by 2022. Conveniently you missed that part altogether. By 2022 this agreement may be a history under new government. Obviously you have a very little understanding of the reality regarding Polish Army and the contract they sign. I use to work for them and bigger part of my family is still employed there. Keep dreaming

Pistol PR-15 was introduced by Radom in 1995 to the Polish Army to replace P83 (9mm Makarov). In the meantime Walther P99 (made in Radom under the license from Walther) was selected as the replacement for P83. 20 years later and the same pistol (renamed now as PR-15) is "introduced" again. If you will follow any historical data on the contracts signed by the Polish Army it will take another 15 years to see MSBS getting any real traction. Project on that rifle started in 2007. Now we suppose to expect first deliveries by 2018, but 2022-2025 is probably more real.

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! We CAN dream the impossible dream!

Personally I woke up right here! ^^^ !

Thing is that Radom is on the verge of bankruptcy. Production lines are only working when they have a contract to fulfill. Company stays afloat only thanks to the government money. You know who designed this rifle? Bunch of volunteers from Military Academy of Technology mostly thru their own funding. Radom won't be interested in starting a small scale production. They need some serious government contracts coming. If...and only if, they will win some, they may start making the civilian versions as a "by-product" to the main, military contracts. If they won't get any I highly doubt that you'll see that rifle...ever.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    Thing is that Radom is on the verge of bankruptcy. Production lines are only working when they have a contract to fulfill. Company stays afloat only thanks to the government money. You know who designed this rifle? Bunch of volunteers from Military Academy of Technology mostly thru their own funding. Radom won't be interested in starting a small scale production. They need some serious government contracts coming. If...and only if, they will win some, they may start making the civilian versions as a "by-product" to the main, military contracts. If they won't get any I highly doubt that you'll see that rifle...ever.
    Thanks for the insight.
    Sorry for the poor grammar and bad spelling in response to your original post in this tread.

It would be great if Radom could pull of the possible French contract to replace the FAMAS.
    You see I can really overly optimistic.
    I am pro cake.

So far they signed up a small contract with Nigeria for delivery of Beryl in 7.62x39. It's not enough. As far as I know, so far they made 100 MSBSs and 12 pistols (to test them). Google "Mag95" and you'll see PR-15...20 years ago.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    Where do you get your info? (Sources). I thought it was still(at least partially) a state owned company. Military Academy is part of the military and FB is tied at the hip.

Yes, it's one of the strategic companies to the Polish government, so technically it won't go bankrupt as the government will keep it running. However the financial condition of the factory (mind that the new factory opened last year was built from taxpayers' money) is not a secret. For a long time they didn't get any significant contract. Sources? Polish press and family connections. Academy is not exactly part of the military. It used to be. Now it's just the Academy that offers some military programs for military personnel. Indeed, there are many officers working in academic roles, but there is also a significant number of civilian studies available with civilian stuff and civilian students present. How do I know? I graduated from there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dnewma02 View Post
    im aware its illegal to put any standard firearm in a bullpup stock. what if there is another frt for the msds as a bullpup? so a bullpup msbs can be put in a regular stock, but a regular msbs cannot be put in a bullpup stock.?
    Well it is a grey area. No other firearm that I am aware of is designed to be either or the way the MSBS is. I know one thing though, there is no law against making a conventional rifle out of a bullpup. To me its just an extra precaution.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast