2015 Shot Show: Radom MSBS Live Firing

greentips

Administrator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
Most people are probably aware of the Radom MSBS as it has been gone on for awhile. The truth is that the MSBS is more or less a grass root project started by a university R&D center with the support of Radom, instead of a response to formal Polish military requirements. As late as 2014, the polish military is still buying Beryl while semi-acknowledging the existence of MSBS.

This year Radom shows up with a semi automatic version of the MSBS, as well as a pistol fashioned after the US civilian requirement. The punch line is pretty clear, the MSBS is not going no where unless the Polish military puts some orders in, or Radom will take the approach of CZ of dealing with procrastinating military orders. If the military drags its feet, go after the civilian markets and chase foreign military orders.

If there is any hint as to what Radom will be doing, the MSBS was present for live fire at the range day, side by side with the Beryl. It wasn’t really a fair race between the Beryl and MSBS in terms of shootability. The Beryl is really an AK with a pile of add-ons to make it work for a military aspires to get closer to the first rated NATO power. The final MSBS is a Polish point by point take of the Magpul Masada’s ergonomic with its own twist of barrel locking and gas system, after ditching the initial chunky SCAR like design. Running Beryl became a test of patience after shooting the MSBS, as the act of target index and firing sequential shots seemed to be a wait for eternality in comparison.

The MSBS is what the Bushmaster ACR should be, after taking over from the Masada. Lighter, better ergonomic and less redundancy with unnecessary QD barrel change mechanism.

15746457153_cdb550eb0f_o.jpg

15746431503_b19ac5b977_o.jpg

15743966774_62bb1ba0f5_o.jpg

16179027000_cfdbe6d893_o.jpg

Last edited:
DO WANT.. SO MUCH.

Thank you for doing a Radom stop. This is a fascinating fire arm. Interchangeable parts with Bullpup version, fully ambi and not a POS.

A rifle that I'd be interested in owning, that isn't already prohibited! Crossing my fingers, but I know that we won't see anything for quite a while. Just excited to see this thing exists!

New Infantry Rifle MSBS 556 Rifle, we already secured a sample for RCMP evaluation, it should arrive at our location in Czech republic quite soon. The model we should receive has everything done to make it technically non-restricted. However before we can imported for RCMP to evaluated there is one big obstacle that FB Radom must first accomplish before this rifle will ever be sold to civilians. Polish Army has to officially start to receive them in reasonable numbers. When it is done we can have it brought to Canada. Next thing is the Price, so far it looks $1700-$2400 bracket. It also all depends on the Polish Army and how many they will buy. For now rough ETA is 6 months to 2 years

What Greentips said about Army order first to avoid CZ mistake is exactly what factory brass said to me. Unless army takes it first they will not risk it to civilians before the army

What is the issue with the Polish Army? is it that production must catch up to procurement or that there has yet been a big enough order to start large scale production. I have heard that a new factory has been opened just for the MSBS. Great job again on getting the sample for the FRT.

New Infantry Rifle MSBS 556 Rifle, we already secured a sample for RCMP evaluation, it should arrive at our location in Czech republic quite soon. The model we should receive has everything done to make it technically non-restricted. However before we can imported for RCMP to evaluated there is one big obstacle that FB Radom must first accomplish before this rifle will ever be sold to civilians. Polish Army has to officially start to receive them in reasonable numbers. When it is done we can have it brought to Canada. Next thing is the Price, so far it looks $1700-$2400 bracket. It also all depends on the Polish Army and how many they will buy. For now rough ETA is 6 months to 2 years

I'll pay that amount.. NR would be sweet. I like the fact it has an interchangeable barrel.

www.y outu be.com/watch?v=R-4G1Bo_jgA

I'm guessing the bullpup component is out, unless offered in that configuration by the factory?

What is the issue with the Polish Army? is it that production must catch up to procurement or that there has yet been a big enough order to start large scale production. I have heard that a new factory has been opened just for the MSBS. Great job again on getting the sample for the FRT.

Nothing. Why would they should switch to a completely new platform when there is a large number of older rifles still available and all the infrastructure plus technicians are prepared to work on the older equipment? Switching to a new platform is unnecessary cost for Polish Army. Army that faces much more important issues than a new small firearms project. Small firearms are far down on the list of important projects. Reality check.

Nothing. Why would they should switch to a completely new platform when there is a large number of older rifles still available and all the infrastructure plus technicians are prepared to work on the older equipment? Switching to a new platform is unnecessary cost for Polish Army. Army that faces much more important issues than a new small firearms project. Small firearms are far down on the list of important projects. Reality check.

Are you on another planet?
You go off on this tripe like you are aware of what the Polish army needs or wants. Great not the question I am asking
I am asking what is the issue with the polish armies order in regards to the process of the civilian rifle being released.
Not oh geez I am a arm chair quarter back the Polish army needs this rifle.

I am asking a question of people who have actually talked the folks at Radom and have bought the MSBS rifle.
What I am asking is and it is quite clear is there enough production or are they waiting on a Polish army order.
You come across like you know have some inside scoop? I don't know maybe you do. But if you do you could try to make you point in a less confrontational and arrogant way.
As for you reality check.
Please read this article It states new factory and that the Polish Arny is buying 14000 msbs
http://www.janes.com/article/40373/fabryka-broni-unveils-new-pr-15-ragun-pistol

after reading this it just shake my head at how pompous you come across.

I would suggest importing it in Bullpup fassion first. That way the stock change is not shortening the firearm.

im aware its illegal to put any standard firearm in a bullpup stock. what if there is another frt for the msds as a bullpup? so a bullpup msbs can be put in a regular stock, but a regular msbs cannot be put in a bullpup stock.?

im aware its illegal to put any standard firearm in a bullpup stock. what if there is another frt for the msds as a bullpup? so a bullpup msbs can be put in a regular stock, but a regular msbs cannot be put in a bullpup stock.?

I may be wrong but from what i understand the bullpup component is a lower receiver and not a bullpup stock so in theory it shouldnt be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom