Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Radom MSBS Live Firing

2015 Shot Show: Radom MSBS Live Firing

Most people are probably aware of the Radom MSBS as it has been gone on for awhile. The truth is that the MSBS is more or less a grass root project started by a university R&D center with the support of Radom, instead of a response to formal Polish military requirements. As late as 2014, the polish military is still buying Beryl while semi-acknowledging the existence of MSBS.

This year Radom shows up with a semi automatic version of the MSBS, as well as a pistol fashioned after the US civilian requirement. The punch line is pretty clear, the MSBS is not going no where unless the Polish military puts some orders in, or Radom will take the approach of CZ of dealing with procrastinating military orders. If the military drags its feet, go after the civilian markets and chase foreign military orders.

If there is any hint as to what Radom will be doing, the MSBS was present for live fire at the range day, side by side with the Beryl. It wasn’t really a fair race between the Beryl and MSBS in terms of shootability. The Beryl is really an AK with a pile of add-ons to make it work for a military aspires to get closer to the first rated NATO power. The final MSBS is a Polish point by point take of the Magpul Masada’s ergonomic with its own twist of barrel locking and gas system, after ditching the initial chunky SCAR like design. Running Beryl became a test of patience after shooting the MSBS, as the act of target index and firing sequential shots seemed to be a wait for eternality in comparison.

The MSBS is what the Bushmaster ACR should be, after taking over from the Masada. Lighter, better ergonomic and less redundancy with unnecessary QD barrel change mechanism.

Last edited by greentips; 01-25-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN frequent flyer
    DO WANT.. SO MUCH.

Thank you for doing a Radom stop. This is a fascinating fire arm. Interchangeable parts with Bullpup version, fully ambi and not a POS.

A rifle that I'd be interested in owning, that isn't already prohibited! Crossing my fingers, but I know that we won't see anything for quite a while. Just excited to see this thing exists!
    If your only political involvement is voting, you don't actually care. Move aside and let the people be heard.

Get involved in your community!

That's a pretty cool unit. I wonder what timeline is
    Mike

dat beryl tho

CGN frequent flyer
    Some great vids on youtube about Radom shot show 2015.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DoubleA's Avatar
    My dream is still the Mini-Beryl.
    "Give me liberty or give me death" -Mark Larue
    "SIC SEMPER TRANNYIS!" John Wilkes Booth if he saw Obama.
    My other AR15 is an AR15
    Molan Labe!!!!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
    My dream is still the Mini-Beryl.
    To bad its an AK Prohib. At least the MSBS has a chance.

Expired Business Member
    New Infantry Rifle MSBS 556 Rifle, we already secured a sample for RCMP evaluation, it should arrive at our location in Czech republic quite soon. The model we should receive has everything done to make it technically non-restricted. However before we can imported for RCMP to evaluated there is one big obstacle that FB Radom must first accomplish before this rifle will ever be sold to civilians. Polish Army has to officially start to receive them in reasonable numbers. When it is done we can have it brought to Canada. Next thing is the Price, so far it looks $1700-$2400 bracket. It also all depends on the Polish Army and how many they will buy. For now rough ETA is 6 months to 2 years

Expired Business Member
    What Greentips said about Army order first to avoid CZ mistake is exactly what factory brass said to me. Unless army takes it first they will not risk it to civilians before the army

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast