Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Point Blank Rifle Carrying System

CGN frequent flyer Cyanide Ride's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    That's snag-tacular.
    That's exactly what I thought!

You're running through the forest/jungle/etc, no wait. Now you are on your bum trying to untangle yourself from the undergrowth.
    "... And the complacency of fools will destroy them..." Proverbs 1:32

Unofficial TV-PressPass fan.

that thing makes me think of a tactical baby carrier they need to hit that market instead u could attached the unit to the baby and easy on easy off ever tried to use those carriers man they can be a pain a see a whole new line of tactical daddy vest lol
    Strike swiftly and return to the shadows

That hurts my eyes! My Vickers 2-point sling does exactly that when pulled tight to the body...

What a mess!

Scribe
    You can't stop here. This is bat country.
    Seeing as I'm lying around in a sauna with nothing to do, here are a couple of further thoughts on why this sucks.

1) the execution straight up blows. Put a proper pull strap on it, for Christ's sake. And do something about the whole "gang raped by webbing" look or someone is going to hang himself in it.

2) okay, you jump out of planes (and you need something to hold your rifle that isn't a sling, but you need access to the gun the second you hit the ground. But you don't need a chest rig full of mags. Also the chute rigging isn't a problem. And this thing is at least as secure as a sling or strapping it to your bag).

Now you're on the ground and your gun is immediately in use. But mags aren't an issue. But you still have no sling! So either you can fight it out with one mag and run somewhere and attach a sling or you can just live with the gun in your hands. Also, gun grabs are not an issue in this country.

3) you're a dog handler. But a two-point adjustable sling doesn't work for you because counting to two eats up your dynamic maneuvering time. So your dog gets to the guy you're hunting and you have to go hands on to restrain either the dog or the guy for whatever reason. But you are carrying a rifle that is automatically on your chest, which you can't sling, and which pops off if you yank on the dangling thing front and center on your chest.

Nope, no red flags here

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Does it come in multicam? black is so 90's SWAT.... and everyone knows real operators wear multicam.

"It's going to be for when you want to put a decoy target on the parapet of your castle for when the Buddhist extremists decide to attack, and you have a sacrificial AR that you can strap to the mannequin you stole from The Bay, and make it look like he's holding it, so you can take a break and microwave your pizza without fear of attack."

-the idea pitched to the investors.

Nice Gypsy wagon

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    It does make sense for certain LE applications, like K-9 handlers. It is also applicable in certain types of rappelling.
    I'm going out on a limb, but I'm guessing you have never ran behind a dog or rappelled with a long gun. Please don't ban me, but this rig is not the best choice for either. Besides, I have never met a dog handler who carried a carbine, although I'm sure somewhere there is one.

Where does your other gear and ammo go? On the molle straps that are hanging on to the rifle? Then you detach the thing and half your grip, your trigger, safety, mag release, and bolt catch are all pretty much inside a nylon bag? I must be missing something here. Seems to create more problems than it would solve
    CTSC
    PEIRA
    IPSCNB

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast