2015 Shot Show: Point Blank Rifle Carrying System

greentips

Administrator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
I will be honest, I didn't know what this system is officially named. I was pretty tired and was on the way out, but this caught my eyes.

Think of those days you want to look ready while doing something very boring, like watching over the distant sky while absolutely nothing is happening. You have smoke ( or coffee ) in one hand and radio on the other......or just want to put both hands in the pockets.

Look ready
16180629797_557621cf1c_o.jpg

Tug to release weapon
16340538416_1c071792c0_o.jpg

Tug to rotate the weapon orientation
16340538856_de2073844c_o.jpg

The holster is attached to a metal base plate, which is attached to the web gear by molle
16180624577_bfd1679b6a_o.jpg

Looks like a cobbled together mess that solves nothing a properly used quality sling wouldnt.

Helo/heho jumps. Mountaineering. Biathlons. Anybody who wants to carry there ar-15 is a less intimidating fashion. If your like me and hate 2 point slings with apashion then this could be cool. That looks "conceptish" and has potential for being a super dope platform. Unclip, GTG. I like the "idea".

Suddenly I am reminded of that youtube video of that soldier who gets tangled in his overcomplicated multiple sling attachment and nearly dies from enemy fire...

WTH?
^^^^^ I agree with everybody! (except the 2 that like it, LMAO).

... and the extra weight, and stealing space on your vest for useful stuff, like ammo!

it gets "half of a cold soggy burrito out of five" rating.

Good ideas poorly executed quickly become not just bad, but even worse ideas... This had a good idea, a sling is not something I would think you would wanna use for in the front sustained long periods of time at the ready carry. But how would I know, this looks like they started with a good idea and then someone got involved that shouldn't have. I wouldn't mind this if if the all of the cords were cleaned up, lol maybe I will buy a bunch of stuff from lowy's and try making a better one myself.

Back
Top Bottom