2015 Shot Show: Steiner T5Xi Scopes and New Kahles K624 Turrets and Reticles

kombayotch

Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
This year Steiner released a new line of scopes that offer many of the same features as their MX5i Military scopes, but in a more affordable price range. The scopes will be available with a new reticle called the SCR (Special Competition Reticle)

A few specs.
- German glass
- 34mm tube
- Designed, machined, and assembled in the USA
- Low profile knobs
- Built in adapters for Tenebraex lens covers
- P/A adjustable down to 20 meters
- 12 mils per roation
- 2 full rotations
- 0.1mil clicks
- FFP

3x-15x50mm
Length: 13.1 inches
Weight: 29.8 oz.
MSRP: $2,069.99

5x-25x56mm
Length: 16.6 inches
Weight: 32.9 oz.
MSRP: $2,299.99

SCR%20reticle%20(Medium)-500x500.png

Kahles has updated the turrets on their K624i riflescope and have released three new reticles. Two are mil based reticles and one is MOA based. All three have a 0.036mil (0.12 MOA) line width.

New turrets designed for better grip and less dirt build-up

MOAK - MOA based reticle

SKMR reticle

The MOAK and the SKMR both have a 0.036mil (0.12 MOA) floating dot in the center. In the SKMR 2 reticle below, the crosshairs are continuous.

SKMR 2 reticle

Actual pic of the SKMR 2

Has anyone been able to find the specific reticle dimensions for Steiner's SCR mil reticle? It's the same one used on the XTR-II 5-25x50 that I'm interested in. I'm trying to compare it to the G2 reticle on the Bushnell Tactical line.

Did Steiner always have the 5x-25x50mm at MSRP at $2300us? I only remember there starting out price at $2000us and at our falling dollar that's going to get kind of pricey.

Steiner & their sellers were originally toting these scopes to be in the $1500 - $1700 USD range (or cheaper, as they were also boasting; 3-15 & 5-25 respectively for pricing), hence the allure of them about 8 months ago. I see that didn't happen.

We are inventorying a few Steiner scopes to gauge customer interest against our other higher end manufacturers. Steiner is relatively new to the scope business and initial interest has been slower than expected but we will give it our best shot. Phil.

Stiener is not new to the scope business. They are very well established with an excellent reputation for quality. They are new to the Canadian market, but if people are interested, there is lots of information from shooters using them in the US on Snipers Hide. If P&D can be competitive on these optics, I think these scopes will fill a great market in the LR community. It is nice to see something else coming to market in that 2k price point offering the feature listed.

I recall none of that. They were shooting to be below the $2,000 USD mark, which they've hit. I'm expecting they'll be in the $2400-$2500 range CAD.

http://forum.snipershide.info/showthread.php?t=253102

This was the 2nd thread on the scopes, but the one that carried on. They updated this post in September (when they were supposed to be initially released) to reflect the new prices and the 1-5x scopes (which were not listed back in April/May). Original costs were to be $1500/$1700 for the two scopes listed at the time. They told everyone the costs would be lowered since they were manufacturing them in the US in their (former) Burris facility instead of in Germany. I know some US pre-orders on the 5-25x ranged between $1650-$1799 since I saw the websites when they had them listed; the $1650's were gone in minutes. Then the price began to rise as I saw them listed at $1899 last I checked in July.

Now the MSRP on the 5-25x is $2300 -- wayyyy outside of the original goal.

Back
Top Bottom