Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Steiner T5Xi Scopes and New Kahles K624 Turrets and Reticles

CGN Regular
    Steiner & their sellers were originally toting these scopes to be in the $1500 - $1700 USD range (or cheaper, as they were also boasting; 3-15 & 5-25 respectively for pricing), hence the allure of them about 8 months ago. I see that didn't happen.

I recall none of that. They were shooting to be below the $2,000 USD mark, which they've hit. I'm expecting they'll be in the $2400-$2500 range CAD.
    It is not enough to aim; you must hit.

We are inventorying a few Steiner scopes to gauge customer interest against our other higher end manufacturers. Steiner is relatively new to the scope business and initial interest has been slower than expected but we will give it our best shot. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

CGN Regular
    Stiener is not new to the scope business. They are very well established with an excellent reputation for quality. They are new to the Canadian market, but if people are interested, there is lots of information from shooters using them in the US on Snipers Hide. If P&D can be competitive on these optics, I think these scopes will fill a great market in the LR community. It is nice to see something else coming to market in that 2k price point offering the feature listed.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane519 View Post
    I recall none of that. They were shooting to be below the $2,000 USD mark, which they've hit. I'm expecting they'll be in the $2400-$2500 range CAD.
    http://forum.snipershide.info/showthread.php?t=253102

This was the 2nd thread on the scopes, but the one that carried on. They updated this post in September (when they were supposed to be initially released) to reflect the new prices and the 1-5x scopes (which were not listed back in April/May). Original costs were to be $1500/$1700 for the two scopes listed at the time. They told everyone the costs would be lowered since they were manufacturing them in the US in their (former) Burris facility instead of in Germany. I know some US pre-orders on the 5-25x ranged between $1650-$1799 since I saw the websites when they had them listed; the $1650's were gone in minutes. Then the price began to rise as I saw them listed at $1899 last I checked in July.

Now the MSRP on the 5-25x is $2300 -- wayyyy outside of the original goal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12