Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Colt Canada C8 IUR

2015 Shot Show: Colt Canada C8 IUR

First time I ran into Colt Canada guns at a commercial trade show. Those who frequent Cansec and other defence shows might have seen the Gen 1 IUR million times already.

From what I was told, the commercial guns for Canada will most likely come with slick sided handguard with some built in rail spaces close to the muzzle end. The C8 IUR with 20" bbl will most likely be the direction the commercial guns heading. The idea is that user can buy extra rails if they want to. As far as I know, the 20" on display is more or less a prototype to test out the non-chromelined match version of the 20" barrel. 11.5" and 14.5" seem to be the most likely commercial offerings in the near future.

While the typical US guns tend to follow the typical government or M4 profile, Colt Canada's IUR does not need to cater to the US's appetite ( or the need to mount the legacy CF M203A1). Therefore, the IUR barrel profile tends to follow common sense instead of other imposed requirements. The barrel profile behind gas block appears to be of medium profile ( my guess is 0.78ish ), and if anything needs to thin out, it is done in front of the gas block like what it appears on the 11" model in the picture below. ( that seems to be about 0.65)

Another rarity is that the gas block is indexed to the barrel, so it cannot be rotated. The only other system that I am aware of having indexed gas block is the HK 416. The 2 set screws at the bottom only hold back the gas block from forward movement.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Is it run off a mono upper? Looks similar to the areo precision mono upper where you swap out slick, full rail or half and half.
    Safety mantra- Red is dead, black no flak

My wife when I'm looking at a really expensive rifle I want:
    "I don't care if it shoots pixie dust and kills Jesus you're not buying it!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Mmm colt canadia

I use these for work, yes they are a mono upper, they are very accurtae for a 14.5 carbine. Very tight mating of upper and lower. It is much lighter then my 16" dpms as well.

yep same here, use at work every day. Only difference is we use a carry handle sight.

Sexy
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    That SA20 upper would look very nice on my 15.7 lower!

Kind of interesting to note that the 'civilian' version with the slick sides does not have the recoil lug for the Eagle grenade launcher.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    I'm interested in the DMR but I think the price point will be a bit of a shock. I know people are hoping that these will be up for grabs shortly but I don't see it. Matt has indicated triads, parts, other uppers due to overruns or whatnot coming to market, but it has been some time now. Even hats, shirts that people want...., crickets. Heck Matt announced some time ago about a warrenty form that was going to be put on the site to register current owners guns. Last time I checked still nothing.

My personal thought is that the current offering of C7/C8 LE are selling slower than what was anticipated and they are losing interest in the civ market.

One thing is that the ones they have sold must be making other owners happy as well. I have only seen one for sale on the EE.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCombatMedic View Post
    My personal thought is that the current offering of C7/C8 LE are selling slower than what was anticipated and they are losing interest in the civ market.

One thing is that the ones they have sold must be making other owners happy as well. I have only seen one for sale on the EE.
    Agreed.
    I was thinking the same thing. One thing for sure, I won't sell mine. Had a KAC before and other than the trigger, I don't see a difference.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast