Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 SHOT Show: 28 Nosler cartridge

CGN Regular
    They have the same performance as the Dakotas.......

I've got a Remington Big Seven.

Anyone remember these?

1962 and still going strong. My first brand hammer new rifle centerfire 35 years ago.

The old M70 with a 24" tube will push 175BT out at 3000+ and accurately. Not sure what barrel life would be with a steady diet. Sporters are for sporting, that one downing shot for meat or horns.

I've never clocked the 160's, used the rifle more or less for a go to moose rifle only. I'm guessing if I loaded up a max safe charge behind a 160gr, I'd be getting close to 3150, and add 2" of barrel like most new "super magnums" need to achieve their screaming velocities exposing their very extreme inefficiencies, ..I'd get 3250!!!!

Can anyone say overbore?

So what's all the hype!! Even I have to admit of how inefficient my Big7 is to the lowly 7mm-08 when the latter can get my 24" tube as well. So if you don't reload, got money hanging out your azz, and just got to have the biggest dick with factory fodder, a .28 Nosler was built just for you precious.

Maybe we all need some fresh fashion on the racks for summer.

I thought most got renewed vigor for radar shooting with the WSM's and the RUM's.

I've got some ammo laying around here for a secret experimental new magnumcartridge that will be released next year, the box says .300H&H,..just need to wait for a rifle in the new chambering, probably will be able to take down a moose looking at that nasty looking case.........
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.

BANNED
    Seems like a barrel burner...an $$$ and rare one at that!

CGN Regular
    Gun works already made the 7LRM and the Hornady brass out of Prophet River isn't $4 a piece. 180s at 3150. Way less powder, longer neck, and less of a barrel torch. The answer to a question no one asked. It is just a slightly shortened 7 RUM. Already all the choices you need:

.280/.280AI
    7 Rem Mag
    7 LRM
    7RUM

CGN Regular
    As far as I can tell the 28 nosler and 7mm dakota are virtually the same case....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RememberTheSomme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schecter 81 View Post
    Gun works already made the 7LRM and the Hornady brass out of Prophet River isn't $4 a piece. 180s at 3150. Way less powder, longer neck, and less of a barrel torch. The answer to a question no one asked. It is just a slightly shortened 7 RUM. Already all the choices you need:

.280/.280AI
    7 Rem Mag
    7 LRM
    7RUM

A Glock pistol is "Perfection" in every direction. As for myself,....... Have Gun, will Babble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12