Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 SHOT Show: Crosman Benjamin Bulldog .357 air rifle

Ohhh boy... here we go.

You got enough pop-corn for me too? I don't have the time to explain the difference between a bullpup stock on a conventional rifle and a bullpup rifle today.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pure Energy's Avatar
    Yes, yes, bullpups are prohib. Now where did I leave my T97? Its too small, I keep losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Proutfoo
    having your picture in the paper with a medal around your neck holding a folding stock, pistol-gripped, shotgun with mag extension is a feat in itself

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pure Energy's Avatar
    ^ Can't edit posts in these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Firehoser View Post
    I was going to purchase an aftermarket stock for my Marlin 795 .22 http://www.badgerm22.com/index.html made by Badger in Bull-Pup configuration. After going to the RCMP site I was disappointed to learn any firearm manufactured in the Bull-Pup design is prohibited.
    Former Prohibited Weapons Order, No. 9
    2. Any rifle, shotgun or carbine stock of the type known as the “bull-pup” design, being a stock that, when combined with a firearm, reduces the overall length of the firearm such that a substantial part of the reloading action or the magazine-well is located behind the trigger of the firearm when it is held in the normal firing position.
    Good luck getting this into Canada.

Ahhh Poooh!

Quote Originally Posted by Proutfoo
    having your picture in the paper with a medal around your neck holding a folding stock, pistol-gripped, shotgun with mag extension is a feat in itself

Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones View Post
    Ohhh boy... here we go.

You got enough pop-corn for me too? I don't have the time to explain the difference between a bullpup stock on a conventional rifle and a bullpup rifle today.
    I may be mistaken. Is it any wonder people get confused?
    I guess this is just another example of a poorly written rule. No mention of new or existing firearms or what is or is not permitted. Just a vague description open to interpretation.
    "Said I didn't have much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it"
    Tom Sellek - Quigley Down Under
    Member: CSSA, OFAH, GBHA, ORA,

one
    dollar
    a
    shot

i will pass and use real .357 thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Firehoser View Post
    I may be mistaken. Is it any wonder people get confused?
    I guess this is just another example of a poorly written rule. No mention of new or existing firearms or what is or is not permitted. Just a vague description open to interpretation.
    That's pretty much the jist of it. We have to rely on the all-knowing all-seeing gurus at the firearms lab to determine on a case by case basis really. Currently "the test" is whether or not the rifle can be fired without the stock as evidenced by the Walther G22 ruling. (Even "the test" is open to interpretation... ) Although, if the stock is after-market, or even added to an existing rifle action by the manufacturer, it's definitely a no go.

With regard to the Bulldog .357, it's kind of moot to argue the bullpup issue anyway. Because if it does indeed have integral sound suppression, we won't see it here anyway.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    I like it...would like to give it a try...
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IchBinEinSniper's Avatar
    ...and sound suppression should be a must...we have very specific rules for the workplace where it is DEMANDED by the beaurocrats that we protect our hearing...and we have the ability to protect our hearing AND take away a nuisance factor of property owners while hunting...sound suppressors...WTF
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by IchBinEinSniper View Post
    ...and sound suppression should be a must...we have very specific rules for the workplace where it is DEMANDED by the beaurocrats that we protect our hearing...and we have the ability to protect our hearing AND take away a nuisance factor of property owners while hunting...sound suppressors...WTF
    We also have to put them on our cars.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themarauder's Avatar
    Just got an email from Gravel Agency (listed for Canada on the Crossman site)

"We are looking at availability for March 2015. We have not yet received our list of Crosman bookings for 2015 so we don’t know which store has ordered some. Our friends at the Canadian Firearms Program are still looking at it. We are confident that things will run smoothly thus the planned March availability. "
    "Obviously a registry makes it easier to prohibit firearms," said Wendy Cukier (Coalition for Gun Control) - Right from the horse's mouth.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast