Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Legendary Arms Works LAW-704 Action

2015 Shot Show: Legendary Arms Works LAW-704 Action

I ran across an interesting action at the Industry Day at the Range. The legendary Arms Works LAW-704 action is an action that has the same footprint as the Remington 700, but has a Mauser-style controlled feed instead of the 700’s push feed, and a 3-position safety that is on the bolt instead of the trigger. This seems to be a theme this year, as it was not the only new action that had this configuration. In all fairness though, it is not entirely new. Ed Brown originally created this action, but the project was abandoned. Legendary Arms Works has resurrected it.

What peaked my interest in this action is how smooth it is. I stopped by their tent to fire a few shots through their rifle and it was the first thing I noticed. After shooting, I picked up the actions sitting on the table and intentionally tried to make the bolts bind. I was not very successful...

The company owner indicated that while their current actions are intended for hunting, they are planning on releasing tactical versions with interchangeable bolt handles and full extended scope rails. They are also going to enlarge the rear cutout on the short action for more reliable ejection. While the actions were very impressive, there was a caveats that will probably be a show-stopper for many: due to the 3 position bolt safety, the trigger must be provided with the action, as it must be fitted. Currently, the only trigger available is a Timney. Jewels are not an option. They may offer actions without the 3 position bolt safety safety in the future to make the action more appealing.

Last edited by kombayotch; 01-28-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Those actions look very nice.... I saw the Legendary Arms Works rifles for the first time this morning in an American gun magazine. I immediately referred a Buddy of mine to the website, as he is looking for a new rifle (.300 Wby, but also a 6.5 CM)and we were happy to see that these rifles are chambered in both calibres.... Now if we could find someone in Canada who sells them, or can bring them in.... Preferably out West here....

Got it, Found them at Prophet River in Lloyminster, of course.....! Pretty reasonable prices, as well, considering...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kombayotch View Post
    ... The legendary Arms Works LAW-704 action ...

That extractor needs more cow bell.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?