Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Techna Clip - Pistol carry pocket clips

I used to blow these off as incredible dumb

BUT...
    Actually - these have a very useful application -- I would recommend a trigger guard cover though -- a buddy of mine runs one on his G19 - and uses a cut down Raven VG2 piece on a tether - so when he draws the trigger cap "cap" pops off.

This application works very well in the low-vis/covert world where you can't have a holster - and a string around your waist under a man dress is all you have. I've seen them run as well appendix for LE Drug/UC Work (with same trigger cap) - and while not a holster - they do offer some advantages in those applications.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer condomboy's Avatar
    correct me if I'm wrong... it attaches to the slide of the Glock, correct? stress of situation, reach down hard, clip/slide stay where it is, frame does in a bit, possibly taking it out of battery...?
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post

You would need to carry condition 2 only. (empty chamber)
    My feelings as well. In a world that i would be allowed to CCW, and on rare occasions that a holster is too impractical depending on clothing and event, this would be the good compromise.
    Cause you would still be better off carrying in condition 2 than not carrying at all because the holster is too impractical.

Scribe
    You can't stop here. This is bat country.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    I used to blow these off as incredible dumb

BUT...
    Actually - these have a very useful application -- I would recommend a trigger guard cover though -- a buddy of mine runs one on his G19 - and uses a cut down Raven VG2 piece on a tether - so when he draws the trigger cap "cap" pops off.

This application works very well in the low-vis/covert world where you can't have a holster - and a string around your waist under a man dress is all you have. I've seen them run as well appendix for LE Drug/UC Work (with same trigger cap) - and while not a holster - they do offer some advantages in those applications.
    In that specific circumstance, with a vanguard or whatever, OK. And I think it's not necessarily a terrible idea on a bobbed J-frame or something.

But you know these things turn up on tauruses in the waistbands of paint huffers everywhere.
    Owning is easy; it's doing that's hard. Remember that advice on the internet often comes from people who own things...but are not especially skilled in their use.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123