Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Shot Show: Techna Clip - Pistol carry pocket clips

Salty Knife Nut

2015 Shot Show: Techna Clip - Pistol carry pocket clips

I wasn't going to post these as 99.99% of us have zero use for them in this country. So in the sense of just sharing interesting things devoid of practical use for CGNers I present to you the Techna Clip which is a simple screw on pocket clip for some pistols to simplify the carry method.

I was walking by the booth and the guy called me over to check them out. I told him I was from Canada and we don't have carry rights so I didn't want to waste his time but they were pretty interesting so I took some photos and chatted with him for a moment. I am a knife guy and carry a pocket knife every day with a pocket clip so with that mindset I thought this was an interesting concept. I"ll leave it to you guys to debate the practicality of it.

Since I wasn't interested in doing a full article on these I am very light on the details.

They are pretty simple, a pocket clip that you can attach to your pistol. Either on the frame or the slide depending on the model. They were bright colored at the show simply to highlight them. The real ones would be more black, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Cool

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Nothing stopping the trigger from getting snagged in your pocket.
    Good way to shoot your own nuts off.

You would need to carry condition 2 only. (empty chamber)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Nothing stopping the trigger from getting snagged in your pocket.
    Good way to shoot your own nuts off.

You would need to carry condition 2 only. (empty chamber)
    Why would you carry anything else in the pocket the gun is in???
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    I have one of those for my glock it does clip nicely in the pocket but ive never actuallyused it in real life carry situation so I dont know how safe it is

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    It's definitely a different concept.

Seems to me that it would be most useful on mouse guns, but also most likely to interfere with the firing grip on mouse guns.

Expired Business Member
    I ordered a few of these for Glock's in stock as one of my customers is a 'snow bird' and put it on his 'vacation' glock 27. Its a pretty slick set up for the price. Includes a new backing plate, the spring clip and hardware as required to put it on.
    Although the only vice might be the blow your nuts off factor, but if you think about it; it is safer than having a loaded G27 moving around loose in your pocket. They'll be up on the web page next week.

CGN Regular
    Interesting, nice that someone started a clip that bolts on.

These have been around for years, but they have always used 3M VHB adhesive (the same stuff your GoPro mounts use) to secure the clip to the slide.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Why would you carry anything else in the pocket the gun is in???
    One of the pictures show clipped on the belt inside-waistband carry, so... bunched up tucked-in shirt, fat rolls, the fabric of the pants themselves... all move ard are sharing space with the trigger

CGN Regular
    Those have been around forever. Not sure if the red color is for the Show though. More useful in Black.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast