Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2015 SHOT show: AirForce big bore air rifle .457 cal PCP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ckc123 View Post
    anyone know if someone has successfully imported this into Canada (as a non-restricted obviously)
    Yup a buddy here in Calgary,should be here in a day.

Hand pump vs compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1911 View Post
    Oh yeah, you're definitely right about that, I think there's some kind of portable pump you can get though, there's a guy at my grandpa's gun club that shoots a pcp airgun sometimes and I'm sure he doesn't use a compressor to refill his tank. I just googled it, "The hill" pump came up, it looks just like a bike pump, it's got a guage that goes up to 3500 psi though. Interesting. What did they use to refill it when you tried it at SHOT, Tootall?
    I got the Benjamin/crosman hand pump to fill a Maximus. I recommend that rifle as a great pcp entry point, and the hand pump does fill it - with about 100-110 slow strokes. I have got 3/8 inch groups at 10 yards, no tuning, just a great buy for an accurate rifle. For the bigger capacity rifles (aka Sam Yang offerings) a powered pump is preferred - when do you want to do 530 strokes to fill the tanks? Never, by my call.
    I bought a Yong Heng high pressure compressor for approx $400 including shipping handling and import duties. That is noisy, has an external water pump, and overall is a loud pain in the butt to listen to - but about minute and a half can fill those dual tanks to 3000 psi. Sumatra in .22 , creepy peep sights, but again dead on at 10 yards, everything goes into the 10 ring or the X. A windy day, and still within an inch at 25. So here's the link for the pump, Chinese manufacture but well made overall : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/110V-220V-300BAR-30MPA-4500PSI-High-Pressure-Air-Pump-Electrical-mini-Air-Compressor-for-airgun-scuba/32723665015.html but you must specify the voltage. I suppose a small tank for carry along recharge might be a good thing but at $600 that becomes a bit pricey. Where I shoot I have electrics so no big deal. Hand pumping works fine but takes a while - this old guy needs the exercise (not).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234