Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 SHOT Show: Ruger 10/22 fast loading magazine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deagle2008's Avatar
    Yea. The whole idea of putting that clip behind the mag seems great but when u actually try to put on the clip the angle and a whole bunch of #### to deal with just takes time and it jams and pops out and doesn't feed and one you loaded the clip you have to add some more rounds from the mag lip to top it up. Its just bs. Im selling mine if anyone wants it. A mag and 5 clips

CGN frequent flyer
    I found the stripper idea to be very flawed. The rounds don't lock into the stripper. So unless you use a special cap to hold them on, they just fall off. Loading the stripper into the mag is a pain as well. The rounds don't sit tight in the stripper, they wobble from side to side and therefore don't line up straight to drop into the mag properly. It was way more work than it was worth. For the price of another magazine, that would have been a better choice IMO. Still, good to see people innovating new ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I like my BC steel lips and BC loader. All I need to do is shake and turn a knob.
    Yep. Same here. Shake and twist.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    That's what she said ^^

I bought one of those H3CR mags when they were first available and then quickly resold it. I won't be buying another. If you are looking for a new type of 10/22 mag that looks like it could really be an improvement over current designs, look at the High Tower Armory magazine.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    http://www.bullseyelondon.com/hc-mag...ag-canada.html

Yep here already. Interesting that it states charger pistol but it's 25 rounds

CGN Regular
    With this we get to confuse people even more. Mags and clips are different, and now we have mags that hold clips. lol

You've gone and done it, rekindled my desire for one of the 90/22 bullpup stocks which are of course prohibited here in Canada for no particular reason. No matter how many times I dive into firearms legislation I cannot make any sense of it. It truly is the tire swing made by committee.

Rant aside, thanks for the info on those mags. Like every 10/22 owner I'm always on the hunt for better feeding/loading mags. I will get one of the Hightower mags and try it out. Looks promising.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

I've got one and there is a trick to getting it to work properly. Once loaded and before releasing the spring, the mag needs to be inverted
    so that the rounds move toward the top of the mag with the the bullets at a 45 deg angle. Then release the spring gently to capture the
    rounds and push them to the top. You can tell if you've done it correctly because the top round will be at an angle with the front higher
    than the rear. If loaded properly they work very reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by willywonka519 View Post
    I think we have these up here already. Didn't work too well with my 10/22...lots of jams..
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

The extra stripper clips come with a small rubber piece that slips over the top to secure the rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    I found the stripper idea to be very flawed. The rounds don't lock into the stripper. So unless you use a special cap to hold them on, they just fall off. Loading the stripper into the mag is a pain as well. The rounds don't sit tight in the stripper, they wobble from side to side and therefore don't line up straight to drop into the mag properly. It was way more work than it was worth. For the price of another magazine, that would have been a better choice IMO. Still, good to see people innovating new ideas.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast