Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 SHOT Show: Ruger 10/22 fast loading magazine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    By the time you put the rounds in the long plastic clip by hand, you could have spent the time just putting them directly into the magazine.
    What's the point of this contraption?
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by robertmcc View Post
    i like my bc steel lips and bc loader. All i need to do is shake and turn a knob.
    x2!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    They worked well for the first maybe 10 loads, then I had issues with the ridiculous set screw setup in the follower coming loose and causing jams.

I tried cranking it down, but that caused jams as it made the follower bind up. Then I tried loctite, but even red will still give out. after constant loosing and tightening the follower will always try to ascend cockeyed and cause a jam.

I don't recommend these mags until they fix this issue.

they should call it the jam master.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Katana's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    I like my BC steel lips and BC loader. All I need to do is shake and turn a knob.
    Yup, there you go...

I feel like I maybe purchased a different magazine than everyone else, because my experience with these mags has been pretty much flawless. The only issues were when I didn't load them properly. The stripper clips are great because I can load them all, and the mags too, before I go out to the range. This lets me spend much more time actually shooting instead of loading rounds.

Like 9mmgunguy mentioned, there is a correct way to load these.
    Once loaded and before releasing the spring, the mag needs to be inverted
    so that the rounds move toward the top of the mag with the the bullets at a 45 deg angle. Then release the spring gently to capture the
    rounds and push them to the top. You can tell if you've done it correctly because the top round will be at an angle with the front higher
    than the rear. If loaded properly they work very reliably.
    It was very easy and quick to load an empty magazine with the stripper clips too, it just takes a couple times to figure out the best way to do it. ( I hold the magazine and stripper clip at a slight angle so all the rounds "flop" to one side)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123