Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 SHOT Show: Desert Tech MDR Updates

2015 SHOT Show: Desert Tech MDR Updates

The Desert Tech MDR Micro Dynamic Rifle caused quite a stir last year at SHOT.
    Both GT and I wrote about it,
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...esert-Tech-MDR

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...ch-MDR-bullpup

and I wrote an article for Small Arms Review about it as well.
    https://smallarmsreview.com/display....darticles=2657

Since then, DT has made a series of small upgrades to the prototype. The first photo is the 2014 version.

The next three images are from this year, 2015.

I forget all the changes mentioned, but you can see there is a change made to the left side to allow a left side ejection now.
    Also, there is a lever/button just forward of the magwell now, for mag release.
    A second charging handle has been added to the right side, and both L and R are noticeably larger.

I like the new barel shroud on the black one. I hope it shoots as good as it looks. Any idea if we are still light years away from getting them up here in Canada?

Not sure if it's just the photo(particularly the very bottom gun), but it looks like the forend top rail curves upwards slightly compared to the receiver's rail. Is that part of the rail polymer? I would not want that.

These are still rapid prototype 3D printed jobs, so maybe its a bit bent.

Awesome, I guess I should start a fund now. Maybe by the time they make it up here it'll have enough in it to make a dent, cause I want one.
    I think I might like guns....

I started a fund for this a year ago, another decade or so and i might have enough. Who's the importer/retailer for deserttech?
    CSSA member
    NFA member

Since the 2016 child forums aren't up yet, I thought I would share some encouraging news that I received in an email from Desert tech today. How long will this line be I wonder?

FINALLY!!!!
    DESERT TECH would like to announce that we will begin to take pre-sale orders for the highly-anticipated Micro Dynamic Rifle at the upcoming SHOT Show in Las Vegas NV. More details will be released as we get closer to the big event including options you will have if you cannot make it in person but still want to pre-order the Next Great American Rifle.

Once again . . .

MDR PRE-SALE
    Begins January 19, 2016
    SHOT Show
    Sands Convention Center
    Las Vegas NV

. . . More Details Coming!

Got the same email.
    No word on price yet, and of course it does not have an FRT # yet...

Well it would seem that they've finalized the design. They were still working on different prototypes in March. Hmmm can't seem to find the link to the video of DT's weekend press conference and hands on they held back in the winter/spring.

CGN Regular
    Well, over the next two or so years while we're waiting for these to be approved (if they are) for Canadian sale, we will be able to see the +/- of these in US hands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast