Thread: Are "hardcopy" owners' manuals available?

BANNED

Are "hardcopy" owners' manuals available?

I know this is the age of the internet, but I like having a physical owners' manual in front of me.

And a pdf printed off the internet isn't the same thing.

Remington sends them out in the states, but not to Canadian addresses.

Do you offer owners' manuals for Remington, and the other brands you sell?

Thanks!

Expired Industry Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    I know this is the age of the internet, but I like having a physical owners' manual in front of me.

And a pdf printed off the internet isn't the same thing.

Remington sends them out in the states, but not to Canadian addresses.

Do you offer owners' manuals for Remington, and the other brands you sell?

Thanks!
    We may be able to help you out, which model do you need a manual for?

BANNED
    something pretty exotic - the 870 shotgun.

I've sent a pm with my contact info.

Thank you in advance!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nntw View Post
    I know this is the age of the internet, but I like having a physical owners' manual in front of me and a pdf printed off the internet isn't the same thing.
    The PDF's are the exact same as the manual (including front cover pictures) only with benefits!!

1) Typically printed in a larger font as it's on an 8.5 x 11 paper vs the tiny one that came with the firearm.
    2) You can keep multiple copies on various mobile devices for easy reference while at the range or where ever.
    3) Easy re-print if you spill coffee on it or otherwise just want another copy (maybe to give a friend).
    4) Easy to print individual pages that you can (if you want) post on your gun room wall for quick reference while cleaning and or disassembly.

I can see wanting an original manual if you're dealing with a collector piece but for an 870?? I know, it's personal preference and to each their own. I'm on the other side and see the benefits of the PDF and prefer those. lol
    Last edited by TPK; 02-05-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Last edited by FeistyLemur; 10-20-2015 at 04:30 PM.

BANNED
    There's truth in what you say.

I especially like the fact that you can frequently do a 'search' for something in a pdf, vs flipping through endless pages.

BUT, there are times I do like the nice, compact format of the stapled booklet.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by TPK View Post
    The PDF's are the exact same as the manual (including front cover pictures) only with benefits!!

1) Typically printed in a larger font as it's on an 8.5 x 11 paper vs the tiny one that came with the firearm.
    2) You can keep multiple copies on various mobile devices for easy reference while at the range or where ever.
    3) Easy re-print if you spill coffee on it or otherwise just want another copy (maybe to give a friend).
    4) Easy to print individual pages that you can (if you want) post on your gun room wall for quick reference while cleaning and or disassembly.

I can see wanting an original manual if you're dealing with a collector piece but for an 870?? I know, it's personal preference and to each their own. I'm on the other side and see the benefits of the PDF and prefer those. lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fiddler's Avatar
    I'm OK with printing my own off the net. When I need it the most my hands are covered in grease and powder residue up to my elbows.
    When all else fails, Bark like a dog !