$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackfeather Live Fire video

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Just kicking around differant options?? Pour money into one of my M305's !!! Or just buy a loaded Springfield?? Or a match? Several dealers have the loaded model in stock with old pricing! Any feedback??
    I think it depends on how good your existing M305 is and what you want to do with the rifle. A heavy barreled M305 that is in good shape will shoot as well as or better than a loaded. This might be $500 for a Krieger barrel which you spin on and ream with TacticalTeacher's help vs. $1600 for a Springfield. At the same time, some take real pride in ownership of real American steel.

Note that Springfield no longer has Canadian warranty support so buy from a reputable dealer.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

i kinda looked at it this way , if your fairly flush with $ and don't want a " build " or project , go with a Springfield . But...... If your up for some fiddling you can build the 305 for a whole lot less and have a quality sorted "custom" rifle or at least set up exactly how you like it . I've got mine in a blackfeather stock ,m-14.ca spring guide ,with casm mount and PRS but stock , vortex 4/16/50 , Cct barrel , atlas bipod ....... And it's just how I want it . My good buddy stu and I went to a course put on by 45acpking and had a great time , I didn't have to do a lot of work to it because it was in such nice state of tune , but I wouldn't have known that without a pro like 45acpking inspecting it , in short well worth the time and money going to the course ! I would like to shoot side by side with someone with a nice Springfield or usgi m-14 of some sort or another just so we could trade off and explore the differences of each system . Good luck Ernst :-)
    Last edited by Ernst; 02-08-2015 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Added a part
    I was addicted to the hokey pokey , but I turned myself about .

Big Mouth
    A customer of Mystic Precision built his M305 on a Promag Archangel M1A Precision stock. He says at a fraction of the cost of a Springfield. But first step is knowing if the rifle is in "TUNE" . Or pick my best one? I just started my first build on a bolt gun with trigger and stock . If that works I'll probably go the build on the M305.

A customer of Mystic Precision built his M305 on a Promag Archangel M1A Precision stock. He says at a fraction of the cost of a Springfield. But first step is knowing if the rifle is in "TUNE" . Or pick my best one? I just started my first build on a bolt gun with trigger and stock . If that works I'll probably go the build on the M305.
    From the research I've done (in my case anyway ) I seems your best bet is to go to on of these courses I mentioned earlier , tactical teacher , or 45acpking ( I believe 45 has stopped doing them but you never know , he's a great guy and always happy to help a brother out ) they make it really easy with step by step instruction and they have all the speciality tools to service and tune all aspects of your gun , so in one weekend your m-305 goes from stock to tuned and it sets you back 80-100$? For the course plus 45acpking throws in the best moose burgers in town ! I'd go again just for the burgers ;-) lol . Then send it into dlask for a cut , crown , thread and then it's pretty much done .
    I was addicted to the hokey pokey , but I turned myself about .

If your going to drop 2 g on a rifle I'd be making damn sure it's got a match barrel

Listen to your Canadian friends. The game is different for us south of your border. They are your best resource. Here in the US, at the moment, I'd use an LRB, JRA or Fulton receiver and do a custom build. A barrelled action would be the cheapest route for one of us down here.

Tony.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12