$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackfeather Live Fire video

Blackfeather Live Fire video

200 yards on paper, 250 on steel.

Tony.
    Last edited by TonyBen; 02-07-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Big Mouth
    Did you start your build with a standard or loaded Springfield M1A ?

In the vid he says its a standard at the beginning

The rifle is a standard M1A from 1994. It has a GI H&R barrel that was made in 1962, a Winchester bolt, SAI trigger group, Winchester operating rod H&R "circle T" gas system and a GI flash suppressor. I bought it used about four years ago for $1200 USD.

It's the same rifle from all the other Blackfeather reports I've posted.

Thanks,
    Tony.

Great vid tony ! I've got mine set up the same way ( except it's a m-305 ) and I'm hoping to get out next week with the boys ! Have you had any barrel work done ? Thanks for all your past vids they've been invaluable , especially the black feather build one , I had mine at gunsmiths here for almost six months waiting for him to build it and he did such a crappy job that I had To re-build it properly according to your instructions and now it shoots like a house on fire ! Unfortunately your vid wasn't out when I sent it in but luckily it was when I had to fix things , you made it really painless so thanks much , Ernst ( Aaron )
    I was addicted to the hokey pokey , but I turned myself about .

Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    Great vid tony ! I've got mine set up the same way ( except it's a m-305 ) and I'm hoping to get out next week with the boys ! Have you had any barrel work done ? Thanks for all your past vids they've been invaluable , especially the black feather build one , I had mine at gunsmiths here for almost six months waiting for him to build it and he did such a crappy job that I had To re-build it properly according to your instructions and now it shoots like a house on fire ! Unfortunately your vid wasn't out when I sent it in but luckily it was when I had to fix things , you made it really painless so thanks much , Ernst ( Aaron )
    Thanks! I'm glad I could help! I have had no work done to it at all. I would like to try a medium weight barrel, though some day.

Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBen View Post
    Thanks! I'm glad I could help! I have had no work done to it at all. I would like to try a medium weight barrel, though some day.

Tony.
    Will a medium weight barrel fit in the black feather ? I had mine done by dlask ( not the same gunsmith I referd to earlier ) a cut , crown , thread and they did a great job it even "pings" when you rack it ! On a side note I see your in Beaverton , my wife and I just spent a few days in Portland at the benson and we really enjoyed it , you guys have a great town , fun , hip ,great shopping , CHEAP GAS ! And no tax !!! Oh and great restaurants , we will be back . Have a great week Aaron :-)

Yes, a medium weight will work, you just can't use the scout hand guard. Well, let me know next time you're in town and maybe we can swing in some range time.

Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBen View Post
    Yes, a medium weight will work, you just can't use the scout hand guard. Well, let me know next time you're in town and maybe we can swing in some range time.

Tony.
    That's sounds great ! It would be nice to see your m-14 up close and personal . I like how your range is set up with the steel gongs in the bunker , great idea . I wish I could bring mine down ..... But I think it might get sketchy at the border , I believe it's legal but I bet it's a whole lot of paper work . Plus the ( warden lol :-) ) wife might get a little uncomfortable with the border aspect of it . I'll have to do some research cause it sounds lik a great weekend !

Big Mouth
    Just kicking around differant options?? Pour money into one of my M305's !!! Or just buy a loaded Springfield?? Or a match? Several dealers have the loaded model in stock with old pricing! Any feedback??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast