SVT 40 Parts Kits For Export To America?

...several people stateside who'd be interested in either whole SVT's or parts guns ...- their dream is an svt-40 and they get quite upset hearing about SVT's being $300 here :p

THEY get quite upset? Yeah, well things are tough all over I guess. ;-D
My dream is a more readily available supply of reasonably priced Garand parts, and not just the screws and springs. Good op rods would be nice.
I'd like to be able to own historical WWII relics without needing to have been grandfathered with some obscure prohib license.
It all evens out I guess. Laugh2

First thing to do is determine if your firearms are on the C&R list.... Contact the ATF and get advise on what you can or cannot import, are you moving permanently, for a fixed period of time, to which state ??? ALl of these factor will have a bearing on what can do....
John

Thanks for answer John.
I'll move permanently.
What is the C&R list please ?

Thanks for answer John.
I'll move permanently.
What is the C&R list please ?

Curio and Relic. If you are moving away (sniff), find a US NFA (National Firearms Act?) dealer in your intended state or city of residence. Give them a detailed list of what you have here and pay them to compare the guns to the legal list. Some things we have are forbidden in the US and vice versa. Some of our guns will require local permission - basically, the further South and West you go the easier the rules are for ownership, and the local sheriff has the final say for some categories of firearm. Be prepared to be amused and perplexed. Gun laws in the US are 50 times more complicated than in Canada. By paying a US based dealer, you can be sure he will give you an infinitely more reliable answer than 2 dozen anonymous Timmy's swilling Canuckle-heads posting on the interweb.

Curio and Relic. If you are moving away (sniff), find a US NFA (National Firearms Act?) dealer in your intended state or city of residence. Give them a detailed list of what you have here and pay them to compare the guns to the legal list. Some things we have are forbidden in the US and vice versa. Some of our guns will require local permission - basically, the further South and West you go the easier the rules are for ownership, and the local sheriff has the final say for some categories of firearm. Be prepared to be amused and perplexed. Gun laws in the US are 50 times more complicated than in Canada. By paying a US based dealer, you can be sure he will give you an infinitely more reliable answer than 2 dozen anonymous Timmy's swilling Canuckle-heads posting on the interweb.

Do you mean to suggest the average CanadianGunNutz user isn't a wellspring of perfect knowledge?

Back
Top Bottom