SVT 40 Parts Kits For Export To America?

American Joe

Hello. I have come on behalf of all the Americans desperate for an SVT 40. Most of us can't afford one due to the 12-1500 price tag. What I want to know is if someone like Marstar would be willing to cut up some SVTs to ATF spec, and then ship them to 'Merica. From what I've seen, there don't seem to be any rules keeping parts kits out of the US, I am doing my homework just to be sure. I can assure you that you would get a flood of orders, if we could get an SVT with a cut receiver for 3-400. Are there any rules keeping "parts kits" from being shipped out of Canada? Also, how does Canada define a gun? Is the receiver considered the actual gun like it is here???

Thanks, Noah

Hello. I have come on behalf of all the Americans desperate for an SVT 40. Most of us can't afford one due to the 12-1500 price tag. What I want to know is if someone like Marstar would be willing to cut up some SVTs to ATF spec, and then ship them to 'Merica. From what I've seen, there don't seem to be any rules keeping parts kits out of the US, I am doing my homework just to be sure. I can assure you that you would get a flood of orders, if we could get an SVT with a cut receiver for 3-400. Are there any rules keeping "parts kits" from being shipped out of Canada? Also, how does Canada define a gun? Is the receiver considered the actual gun like it is here???

Thanks, Noah

Please send e mail to my personal box john@marstar.ca
John

Yes. Getting guns in and out of Canada isn't that hard; it's getting them in and out of the US that's a pain. The ATF and State Department are a pain in the ass to deal with.

How did you arrive at this conclusion ?? We export everything up to and including FA weapony to the US all the time
John

Hello John,
What you are saying interest me a lot !
I will probably move southerly very soon (2015) and only freak out about all my rifles and Handguns that I cannot leave behind.
If you can facilitate or process the whole shebang for me, your price will be mine !
Please tell me you can do that

So how many Chinese or Russian guns have you exported to the USA lately :rolleyes:
lol

I admit your knowledge base far exceeds mine due to your vast experience in this field.... First off Russian guns are not embargoed, Soviet military weapons are, IF they come directly from the former Soviet Union, if they "lived" in another acceptable country for a period of time the State Dept will issue a Form-6....
Second, a similar situation exists for Chinese weapons, it depends on the country of origin....
John

Thanks for the info john. I think it may be beneficial for everyone if you were to make a thread going over the what is okay and not okay for export to the states. I am sure there will be quiet a few people who will be grateful for the information.

Thanks for the info john. I think it may be beneficial for everyone if you were to make a thread going over the what is okay and not okay for export to the states. I am sure there will be quiet a few people who will be grateful for the information.

Thank you for your interest, exporting firearms to the US is COMPLICATED, there are many factors to consider, is the firearm a C&R, does it meet the point criteria, is it a Class-111 ??
Is the importer an individual, a licensed dealer/importer ?
Even parts for a Class-111 weapon requires a Form-6.... Even certain tripods require a Form-6....If you get into the destructive device category (over .50cal) then there is a whole different set of rules....
The long and the short of it is simple, if not certain find out, Homeland Security, The ATF and the State Dept have no sense of humor
Be glad to answer questions if I can help
John

I do believe the importing and exporting of firearms and weapons, is right in John's wheelhouse, if he cannot do it, it likely cannot be done!

Thank you for your interest, exporting firearms to the US is COMPLICATED, there are many factors to consider, is the firearm a C&R, does it meet the point criteria, is it a Class-111 ??
Is the importer an individual, a licensed dealer/importer ?
Even parts for a Class-111 weapon requires a Form-6.... Even certain tripods require a Form-6....If you get into the destructive device category (over .50cal) then there is a whole different set of rules....
The long and the short of it is simple, if not certain find out, Homeland Security, The ATF and the State Dept have no sense of humor
Be glad to answer questions if I can help
John

Hi John,
My question was serious, can you do something for me or not ?
Thank you anyway

I admit your knowledge base far exceeds mine due to your vast experience in this field.... First off Russian guns are not embargoed, Soviet military weapons are, IF they come directly from the former Soviet Union, if they "lived" in another acceptable country for a period of time the State Dept will issue a Form-6....
Second, a similar situation exists for Chinese weapons, it depends on the country of origin....
John[/B]

Thanks ;)

Hello John,
What you are saying interest me a lot !
I will probably move southerly very soon (2015) and only freak out about all my rifles and Handguns that I cannot leave behind.
If you can facilitate or process the whole shebang for me, your price will be mine !
Please tell me you can do that

First thing to do is determine if your firearms are on the C&R list.... Contact the ATF and get advise on what you can or cannot import, are you moving permanently, for a fixed period of time, to which state ??? ALl of these factor will have a bearing on what can do....
John

Jeez... no wonder John's tired of cgn... it's like every thread is a baiting thread...

I know several people stateside who'd be interested in either whole SVT's or parts guns so I'm monitoring this thread for them - their dream is an svt-40 and they get quite upset hearing about SVT's being $300 here :p

Back
Top Bottom