Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415

Thread: Incredible Stun Baton?

Quote Originally Posted by canadiantbone View Post
    UPDATE : I went to court & the judge ordered that the baton be returned to me . That being said, the judge did warm me that any miss use by me would lead me to be charged. I also had to explain to the judge my intended purpose for it . Which I replied to as I just wanted one as a novelty and because it was a flashlight & I collect flashlights. The APD officer was not happy. That being said ....I will always now deny being in possession of anything. I now would rather be charged and have the item taken away & deal with the charge than just surrender any item.
    I'm sorry that happened to you but also very thankful you followed through with getting it back. It benifits all of us

Thank you

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    UPDATE : I went to court & the judge ordered that the baton be returned to me . That being said, the judge did warm me that any miss use by me would lead me to be charged. I also had to explain to the judge my intended purpose for it . Which I replied to as I just wanted one as a novelty and because it was a flashlight & I collect flashlights. The APD officer was not happy. That being said ....I will always now deny being in possession of anything. I now would rather be charged and have the item taken away & deal with the charge than just surrender any item.
    Thanks for the update and congratulations on your victory. And, thank you, on behalf of all of us, as this is a victory for all of us. People saying that going to court for a $40 item is not worth it, simply don't get it. There's a principle involved, and beyond that, a bigger picture, a precedent has been set. Now when people have legal possessions illegally seized by the police, there is another court decision on the books to help get their property back.

There's also some great lessons to be learned here, about making sure young children that know about your firearms and other related items (like stun batons for example), know to not talk about them. There is a also a great lesson about not allowing the police to enter your home without a warrant, and if they claim otherwise, demand to speak with a lawyer first. It's unfortunate this had to happen to you, but since it did, I'm glad it turned out the way it did.
    Last edited by Bad Lieutenant; 04-11-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

A truly incredible stun baton thread

Good job standing up for whats right! Not enough Canadians out there like you!
    If there were more folks willing to do the hard thing and see the inside of a courtroom, there would be less baloney with the 10/22 and beowulf mags and maybe all our AR's would still be unrestricted!
    Big thumbs up!!!
    People following bad laws reduces only freedom.

Sorry I read this 3 weeks late. I'm glad this worked out for you and as others have said thank you for standing up!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Well done CTB!
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".