Thread: SSG 3000 - 10 round magazine

Question SSG 3000 - 10 round magazine

I'm just wondering if you guys at MD Charlton can confirm if the 10 round magazine for the SSG 3000 exists?

I've exhausted both Google and the CGN search function and all I can come up with is that SIG had plans to make them, but no real confirmation other than a few websites showing they had previously sold them, but are now out of stock and the images shown are of the 5 round mags.

Has anybody even seen a 10 round magazine?

I would like to have visual confirmation that they exist if possible. Pics would be nice.

I'm in the market to buy around 10 or so magazines, but I would rather purchase the 10 rounds than the 5 round mags.

I'm just wondering if I should continue to hold out for the 10 rounders if by chance they might end up on Canadian shores, or scoop up the last few 5 rounders kicking around.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help to whomever chimes in.

I'm just wondering if you guys at MD Charlton can confirm if the 10 round magazine for the SSG 3000 exists?

I've exhausted both Google and the CGN search function and all I can come up with is that SIG had plans to make them, but no real confirmation other than a few websites showing they had previously sold them, but are now out of stock and the images shown are of the 5 round mags.

Has anybody even seen a 10 round magazine?

I would like to have visual confirmation that they exist if possible. Pics would be nice.

I'm in the market to buy around 10 or so magazines, but I would rather purchase the 10 rounds than the 5 round mags.

I'm just wondering if I should continue to hold out for the 10 rounders if by chance they might end up on Canadian shores, or scoop up the last few 5 rounders kicking around.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help to whomever chimes in.
    Where have you seen 5 rounders available?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shuraparabellum View Post
    I picked up one 5-rounder at P&D about 8 months ago. I haven't seen them elsewhere after that. It was pretty pricey too IIRC.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    There is a review at Brownells stating that they ordered directly from Sig when Brownells was out of stock. When I called Sig the CS person acknowledged the part numer for the 10 rounder and replied out of stock. But still no visual confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by shuraparabellum View Post
    lol, I'm not going to give away where they can be found. I said I wanted to scoop up the remaining few.

I will let you know that CGN's equipment exchange has a single 5 round mag for sale. I don't want it as it's more expensive than what I'm looking at, which I assume is because the seller realizes they are hard to get.

It isn't too hard to find them out there, they do exist, but Canada is definitely in a serious magazine drought.

If MD Charlton could also let me know what I should expect to pay retail for both 5 and 10 round magazines once the ban gets lifted and the product starts to flow again, that would be great as well.

Thanks everybody!
    Last edited by AVT-40; 02-13-2015 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Re-worded a sentence to avoid confusion.

Good morning,

The 10 round mags do not yet actually exist. in 2013/14, the 10 round mag was listed on the Sig price lists, and was listed in the catalogue. This year, the 10 round mag is not on the price list.

Unfortunately, there is no timeline as to when (or if) a 10 round mag will be produced. We hope the are, as the SSG will be far more popular with 10 round mag options.

Retail pricing as of today will be around $99 (due to the current currency situation). No pricing exists for a 10 round mag.

We greatly appreciate your patience while we wait for mags.

Regards,
    MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

lol, I'm not going to give away where they can be found. I said I wanted to scoop up the remaining few.

I will let you know that CGN's equipment exchange has a single 5 round mag for sale. I don't want it as it's more expensive than what I'm looking at, which I assume is because the seller realizes they are hard to get.

It isn't too hard to find them out there, they do exist, but Canada is definitely in a serious magazine drought.

If MD Charlton could also let me know what I should expect to pay retail for both 5 and 10 round magazines once the ban gets lifted and the product starts to flow again, that would be great as well.

Thanks everybody!
    Sold out, thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    Good morning,

The 10 round mags do not yet actually exist. in 2013/14, the 10 round mag was listed on the Sig price lists, and was listed in the catalogue. This year, the 10 round mag is not on the price list.

Unfortunately, there is no timeline as to when (or if) a 10 round mag will be produced. We hope the are, as the SSG will be far more popular with 10 round mag options.

Retail pricing as of today will be around $99 (due to the current currency situation). No pricing exists for a 10 round mag.

We greatly appreciate your patience while we wait for mags.

Regards,
    MDC
    No worries! Thank you for clarifying!

I appreciate the time you took to give me this info.

Rock on!

I talked to the sig sauer guys at the shot show a few years ago about 10 round magazines for 200/202 rifles.
    They told me 10 round magazines is an "American Thing"! US and Canada is the only market, not worth it.
    There is a company in Germany that makes custom 10 round magazines.
    The only 10 round magazine is for the sauer 205 308 rifle. I bought 10 of these magazines and tried to find
    the 308 gun, no luck! They are not the same as 200/202 magazines. They are like sig 540 mag
    I wanted the 200 series 10 round magazines for my 200 heavy barrel hunter target rifle. They didn't make many
    of these. I think they were made for a European police contract and sold off the over run