Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Cz 858 Owners

Sent.

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Will do. I pulled out my NIB 858 the other day to have a look at it in disappointment when I noticed it was actually a small window '06. But I sm still quite affected by this and not happy. I'll send an email tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by bollox View Post
    Why are we dissappointed with CZ? I am much more so with our elected politicians and non-elected RCMP..
    While we all have every right to be upset with our politicians and the RCMP Bureaucrats, it was found that CZ was modifying full-auto receivers to make them semi-auto only, which CZ should have been aware of when they began selling the firearms to Canadian's as a Canadian Non-Restricted Firearm.

This is in no way meant to be taken as being an apologetic post with regards to our ridiculous laws or the ridiculous individuals that interpret them how they see fit, but it is another way of viewing the issue.

In the end I would feel that both parties are to blame. Our government and the RCMP need to stop bowing to media hype, and view issues objectively. While at the same time, so long as the laws are on the books, CZ should have had a better understanding of them before selling a product that could have ended up with their customers losing the product they purchased due to them not understanding the laws.

Fight on to get the laws changed, but maybe try and get a semi-auto designed/manufactured receiver from CZ in exchange for your now prohibited one. You get to use your rifle again, and CZ and re-fab the exchanged receivers for sale in another jurisdiction.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by kolik1 View Post
    While we all have every right to be upset with our politicians and the RCMP Bureaucrats, it was found that CZ was modifying full-auto receivers to make them semi-auto only, which CZ should have been aware of when they began selling the firearms to Canadian's as a Canadian Non-Restricted Firearm.

This is in no way meant to be taken as being an apologetic post with regards to our ridiculous laws or the ridiculous individuals that interpret them how they see fit, but it is another way of viewing the issue.

In the end I would feel that both parties are to blame. Our government and the RCMP need to stop bowing to media hype, and view issues objectively. While at the same time, so long as the laws are on the books, CZ should have had a better understanding of them before selling a product that could have ended up with their customers losing the product they purchased due to them not understanding the laws.

Fight on to get the laws changed, but maybe try and get a semi-auto designed/manufactured receiver from CZ in exchange for your now prohibited one. You get to use your rifle again, and CZ and re-fab the exchanged receivers for sale in another jurisdiction.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolik1 View Post

Then explain why the RCMP approved them on a couple of occasions?
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Then explain why the RCMP approved them on a couple of occasions?
    Ineptitude? These are the RCMP Firearms Tech's we're talking about here.

[QUOTE]
    Why are we dissappointed with CZ? I am much more so with our elected politicians and non-elected RCMP..
    I am so agree.. E-mail will be sent tonight anyway...
    Last edited by shuraparabellum; 02-19-2015 at 05:19 PM.

Could someone maybe post a copy of an acceptable letter so as not to offend anyone at CZ or embarass Wolverine? I am just not great at writing letters and I would love to be able to use one as a template.

Cheers,

Sean
    You know you are a real GunNut when you unknowingly start practicing trigger control on power tools.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by SniperSean View Post
    Could someone maybe post a copy of an acceptable letter so as not to offend anyone at CZ or embarass Wolverine? I am just not great at writing letters and I would love to be able to use one as a template.

Cheers,

Sean
    No need for a template. Keep it short and sweet (Polite) and to the point. You purchased a CZ 858 in good faith and now find through no fault of your own that it is prohibited and you are not happy to find yourself in this situation. Remember you catch more bears with honey that a stick, so a comment about how much you like CZ products but not prepared to purchase another CZ under the current circumstances should get their attention.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    No need for a template. Keep it short and sweet (Polite) and to the point. You purchased a CZ 858 in good faith and now find through no fault of your own that it is prohibited and you are not happy to find yourself in this situation. Remember you catch more bears with honey that a stick, so a comment about how much you like CZ products but not prepared to purchase another CZ under the current circumstances should get their attention.
    ^^^
    Perfect John, I'm gonna fire off an email in a bit.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!