Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Cz 858 Owners

CGN Regular
    Email sent

Thanks Wolverine for taking care of this

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Email on it's way...

In case anyone wants to inform them about the re-classifications: http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2014/2...dors56-eng.php

Ceská Zbrojovka 858 Tactical 2 and 4 rifles

In 2005, the RCMP identified the CZ858 as non-restricted (in the case of longer barreled versions) or restricted (in the case of shorter barrel versions) based upon manufacturer provided information that was subsequently confirmed by a physical inspection of samples at that time. FRT records were generated and the firearms were subsequently permitted to be imported, registered and sold in Canada.

In March 2013, the RCMP inspected and provided an expert opinion on the classification of a series of CZ858 proof marked 2007 or later. Following an internal review, the RCMP determined that at some point in 2007, the CZ858 rifles being imported into Canada differed from the inspected version and were in fact fully automatic firearms that had been converted to be semi-automatic firearms, rather than being the semi-automatics purported by the exporter. Converted fully automatic firearms are prohibited firearms under the Code given the possibility that they can be converted to fully automatic. Fully automatic firearms pose a significant public safety threat given their fast reloading action and their ability to discharge multiple shots each time the trigger is pulled. On February 26, 2014, the RCMP determined that the CZ858s were in fact prohibited firearms.

The Canada Border Services Agency estimates more than 8 700 CZ858 rifles have been imported into Canada. There are 406 formerly restricted CZ858 rifles in Canada and 423 formerly non-restricted CZ858 rifles registered in Quebec based upon registration data. The estimated value of these firearms is between $500 and $1,000 each.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by sillymike View Post
    Converted fully automatic firearms are prohibited firearms under the Code given the possibility that they can be converted to fully automatic.
    This phrase from the mouths of our law conjurers still makes me shake my head... you can say it can be converted, but that just doesn't make it so. It is just as easily converted to an espresso machine. It would be easier to build a fresh receiver from scratch than to reconvert to original.

Imagine that, a range only espresso machine.... huh....

Email sent. Thanks for your efforts on our behalf John, don't think for a second that it is unappreciated. I know where my next bangstick comes from.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar
    My emails have been sent and I have sent one to you John. Best of luck in your endeavors on all our behalf.

Here is the immediate auto-reply I just received as well.

Od 21.2.20115 do 15.3.2015 jsem mimo kancelář.
    Vaše e-maily pravděpodobně nebudou předávány nikomu jinému a budou vyřízeny až po mém návratu.
    Hezký den,
    Petr Kallus
    Senior sales manager.

V případě potřeby konatktujte mé kolegy na email : tomkova@czub.cz, tomasek@czub.cz

From 21.2. 2015 till 15.3.2015 I will be out of my office.
    Your e-mails will not be forwarded probably to anyone else and will be handled after I am back.
    In case of emergency please contact my colleagues on email : tomkova@czub.cz or tomasek@czub.cz

If you are writing concerning CZ 858 in Canada, please note that CZ did not recieve any official statement from Canadian Goverment regarding the change of the status of the weapon.
    CZ will inform all owners of CZ 858 through our exclusive partner for this weapon in Canada, Company Wolverine, about our next steps.

Best regards,
    Petr Kallus
    Senior sales manager

I finally recieved a letter back from Steven Blaney's office today about the introduction of "the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act." I sent dozens and dozens of letters to various Members of parliament and this was the first response letter.
    Buy em cheap, stack em deep!

Email sent.

Thanks Wolverine.

Update-Generic response received @1:26pm.
    Last edited by 1WG; 02-23-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Outwest1213 View Post
    I finally recieved a letter back from Steven Blaney's office today about the introduction of "the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act." I sent dozens and dozens of letters to various Members of parliament and this was the first response letter.
    so what did they say?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outwest1213 View Post
    Ditto. Form letter espousing Bill C42.
    Prost!

Berger

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    The fact they created an auto-reply, shows the Emails were definitely being noticed. I never got one, but that was probably before the onslaught.
    Prost!

Berger

Thank you for all your efforts regarding this issue, Wolverine.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.