Cz 858 Owners

Mr Wolverine

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I would encourage all owners of the CZ858 to e-mail CZ and voice their feelings about the current situation in Canada with the CZ 858 rifle. I would advise that you keep the e-mail polite, short and to the point. Most of the posts on CGN have contained a lot of speculation, please stick to the facts as they affect you. I will be meeting with CZ in three weeks and as always this issue will be top of my agenda.

Petr Kallus is the Senior sales manager that we have dealt with for the past few years, he can be reached at (kallus@czub.cz)

Radmila Tomkova is assistant to Petr, (tomkova@CZUB.CZ) as Petr is often out of his office, I would suggest that all e-mails are copied to Radmila.

Please copy me John@wolverinesupplies.com on your e-mails, the higher the volume of e-mails the stronger the position I will have with CZ.

Cz should obviously understand our feelings, but I for one am unclear how they as a company would be able to help us? Replacement receivers?

I am not making any promises, I have made CZ well aware of the problem in Canada. At the moment we are all waiting to see how the Canadian Government resolves this issue. In the meantime if CZ receive 7,000 e-mails from customers who purchased a CZ product (CZ858 rifle) in good faith and now find themselves in possession of a prohibited firearm explaining their disappointment in CZ, you have created a powerful voice.

Only 6, 997 e-mails to go!

I am not making any promises, I have made CZ well aware of the problem in Canada. At the moment we are all waiting to see how the Canadian Government resolves this issue. In the meantime if CZ receive 7,000 e-mails from customers who purchased a CZ product (CZ858 rifle) in good faith and now find themselves in possession of a prohibited firearm explaining their disappointment in CZ, you have created a powerful voice.

Only 6, 997 e-mails to go!

Why are we dissappointed with CZ? I am much more so with our elected politicians and non-elected RCMP..

Why are we dissappointed with CZ? I am much more so with our elected politicians and non-elected RCMP..

While we all have every right to be upset with our politicians and the RCMP Bureaucrats, it was found that CZ was modifying full-auto receivers to make them semi-auto only, which CZ should have been aware of when they began selling the firearms to Canadian's as a Canadian Non-Restricted Firearm.

This is in no way meant to be taken as being an apologetic post with regards to our ridiculous laws or the ridiculous individuals that interpret them how they see fit, but it is another way of viewing the issue.

In the end I would feel that both parties are to blame. Our government and the RCMP need to stop bowing to media hype, and view issues objectively. While at the same time, so long as the laws are on the books, CZ should have had a better understanding of them before selling a product that could have ended up with their customers losing the product they purchased due to them not understanding the laws.

Fight on to get the laws changed, but maybe try and get a semi-auto designed/manufactured receiver from CZ in exchange for your now prohibited one. You get to use your rifle again, and CZ and re-fab the exchanged receivers for sale in another jurisdiction.

This.

While we all have every right to be upset with our politicians and the RCMP Bureaucrats, it was found that CZ was modifying full-auto receivers to make them semi-auto only, which CZ should have been aware of when they began selling the firearms to Canadian's as a Canadian Non-Restricted Firearm.

This is in no way meant to be taken as being an apologetic post with regards to our ridiculous laws or the ridiculous individuals that interpret them how they see fit, but it is another way of viewing the issue.

In the end I would feel that both parties are to blame. Our government and the RCMP need to stop bowing to media hype, and view issues objectively. While at the same time, so long as the laws are on the books, CZ should have had a better understanding of them before selling a product that could have ended up with their customers losing the product they purchased due to them not understanding the laws.

Fight on to get the laws changed, but maybe try and get a semi-auto designed/manufactured receiver from CZ in exchange for your now prohibited one. You get to use your rifle again, and CZ and re-fab the exchanged receivers for sale in another jurisdiction.

Then explain why the RCMP approved them on a couple of occasions?

Could someone maybe post a copy of an acceptable letter so as not to offend anyone at CZ or embarass Wolverine? I am just not great at writing letters and I would love to be able to use one as a template.

Cheers,

Sean

No need for a template. Keep it short and sweet (Polite) and to the point. You purchased a CZ 858 in good faith and now find through no fault of your own that it is prohibited and you are not happy to find yourself in this situation. Remember you catch more bears with honey that a stick, so a comment about how much you like CZ products but not prepared to purchase another CZ under the current circumstances should get their attention.

No need for a template. Keep it short and sweet (Polite) and to the point. You purchased a CZ 858 in good faith and now find through no fault of your own that it is prohibited and you are not happy to find yourself in this situation. Remember you catch more bears with honey that a stick, so a comment about how much you like CZ products but not prepared to purchase another CZ under the current circumstances should get their attention.

^^^
Perfect John, I'm gonna fire off an email in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom