New Savage 11 Scout - coming to Canada?

autocorrelation

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've been seriously eyeing the new scout (http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11Scout)

Will it be coming to Canada, and will Wolverine stock it? Tax time is coming up..

(I ask here only because I see Wolverine stocked the previous model - the 10 scout)

Can't wait to hear!

Aside from the new larger box mag, what sort of differences are there between this and the previous savage scout? I liked the feel of that one, though the sights didnt seem as robust as the GSR

Aside from the new larger box mag, what sort of differences are there between this and the previous savage scout? I liked the feel of that one, though the sights didnt seem as robust as the GSR

Looks like adjustable length of pull spacers, extra sling mount, adjustable cheep piece, a new front sight with protective "ears" and a threaded barrel with a brake.

05f4509b856295e2dee088921cd526c3_e25e21bc4d95d034e39235e6340ed879.png

I'm a huge Savage fan and a larger scout rifle fan, but I can't get past the rear sight.

It could really use some rabbit ears for protection, what where they thinking.

Looks like a booger to be flicked off the back end of the receiver.

Close up the gap under scope mount?

Other than that, looks like a solid winner.

I agree. A more robust and easier to adjust (click adjustment) rear sight, and a picatinny rail would finish the renovation quite nicely.

All valid questions/comments (I don't know about the cheekpiece). I still think despite some potential issues, this seems like a solid package at an attractive price.

There's a video on YouTube... thee shooter has trouble seating the mag. He closes the bolt, aims, and 'click'.

It would be nice if that was all due to the new scout having a double-detent mag arrangement like the Steyr scout, but I haven't read anything to back up my wild speculation.

Also, the exchange rate is going to sting. Still, I think it's time to start scrimping - I think I want one of these.

If you are talking about "The Late Boy Scout" video, it looks like he just didn't have it seated properly. Once it was in well, it seemed to have no problem.

I agree the exchange rate is going to suck, but even at a 25-30% premium to the USD price, it is still cheaper than the Steyr (but inline with the Ruger..)

The steyr is expensive but at least it is a Scout. Not sure what these things are. At least the Ruger has the gunsite treatment to it. The original scout concept made weight at the expense of features generally considered necessary in a combat role bolt action battle rifle. Short barrels and heavy weight are a problem. The way the gun magazines are reviewing them they are carbine length sniper rifles with a box mag, none of which was the point of the original.

The steyr is expensive but at least it is a Scout. Not sure what these things are. At least the Ruger has the gunsite treatment to it. The original scout concept made weight at the expense of features generally considered necessary in a combat role bolt action battle rifle. Short barrels and heavy weight are a problem. The way the gun magazines are reviewing them they are carbine length sniper rifles with a box mag, none of which was the point of the original.

A bit off topic question. Who sell Steyr Scout in Canada?

Back
Top Bottom