Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: CFB Petawawa PR Clinic/Match 09-10 May 2015 - Debrief here!

Come shoot the match, you will probably still do better than me. The clinic is geared towards practicing for the match. I'm not going to worry about my placement, I just want to see how well I do and hopefully improve on my next one.

Sent you a pm as well

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckarooben View Post
    Hey I am real interested in the buildup of info and back to 600, and would cut off my brothers arm to get some practical training, just not worried about the comp! Is there still room for one more ex soldier in the Sat clinic?
    Lots and lots of room (24 Feb 2015) to register. EMT away with your name and CGN handle to snag your spot. You will notice the price of the weekend is only $50?

It's because I will be doing more range conducting than formal teaching (as seen in the previous PR Clinic). This weekend match format allows for rookies to get some instruction at a gentle pace, practical experience sighting in at ALL the distances on Yankee Range, obtain confirmed zeroes at a KD (known distance) range, and then shoot under pressure in Match Conditions the following day.

This is truly an experience filled weekend for the newbies.

That's my intention. I'm planning on bringing in more and more rookies to this game and by hopefully blowing away any previous misconceptions or misunderstandings about PR competition we can build this community in Petawawa. There ain't no mystery to this game, just fun and giggles when you screw up the reloading process in the 200 M/Yard Rapid Follow up match under pressure! That's my job!

Oh by the way, we will have a couple more of these PR Match Weekends this season. I just gotta get my calendar organized. Not to mention my road trip out West, with my new career as a Lift Operator for Blue Mountain Resorts, my summer schedule still has to get hammered out.

Okay back to the Match Weekend format; there may be some more experienced shooters who ONLY want to shoot the Match on the Sunday. Easy peasy, just EMT me the match fee of $25. It's just that simple.

There may be some folks who can only shoot the Saturday walkback process due to time restrictions! That single day arrangement is do-able. Just EMT me the walk-back fee of $25.

So if you are on the fence, jump on board the learning journey! No Regrets!!!

Cheers
    Barney

Thump_rrr and my self are in the air port in Las Vegas right now. As soon as I get home we will be sending a EMT!
    Looking forward to this for sure.

EMT on its way for may 9,10 pr shoot. can't wait.

jonnybender

I'm signed up and looking forward to it. This is my second PRC so I am only new, not newb :P

I am looking forward to learning some more! (so much to take in!)
    I never met a gun I did not like!

Barney,

I'm not going to have a PR ready to go for this clinic, but if you need a hand in the butts or just running stuff around, please let me know. I would love to help out in any way I can (depending on the work situation of course)

Thanks again for putting this on out here.

Putting together my rifle as we speak. I hope that I won't be completely lost...
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pl_2ic View Post
    Putting together my rifle as we speak. I hope that I won't be completely lost...
    Got decent optics on that rig? Good and solid and dependable scope rings?

We are still over a month away... April in between us. Have yourself a good 100 m/yd zero and you will be confident and ready to go!

Cheers,
    Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Make sure your scope will zero or else your dick will fall off. HAHA
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post

Precision / Sniper Rifle Kit to Bring:

* A safe precision/sniper rifle in at least .223 Rem caliber and larger. .308 Win is a common platform
    * Hand operated target turrets on your optic already mounted to your rifle. 4.5 x 14 scopes are common. 6.5 x 20 scopes are seen frequently. 8 x 30 scopes are great optics for these matches. Scopes with a parallax adjustable side focus work well. Adjustable objective scopes work too, but more annoying to work with while in the prone position. Just don't show up with the stereotypical 3 x 9 coin operated hunting scopes because you will be wasting your time (and money)

Questions?

* Ask me right here in this thread. Others might be curious with the same concerns.

Barney

So I have a question regarding the kit. Specifically the rifle to bring. While I can bring a precision rifle in 308win or 223, I'm actually wanting to learn to shoot my hunting rifle in 7mm Rem Mag or 270Win out to 600 yds. Here in Ontario we don't get those ranges but I've been going to Alberta the last couple years and people in my hunting party have had to take shots out to 500+yds.

Anyway, long story short, I'd like to actually learn how either of those LR cartridges behave and how I can deal with them. I have a nice Zeiss HD5 with Z600 reticles on each of the rifles.

Would that be okay? they're both Steyrs with sporter barrels (24"+). Or would they just over heat and screw up the class?

Lemme know and I'll put my kit together accordingly.

Thanks

Shotgun

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast