Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: CFB Petawawa PR Clinic/Match 09-10 May 2015 - Debrief here!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzballer View Post
    Super interested in coming up for this, Kevin are you, woody or Vvviking planning on making it up to this weekend?
    Interested? ... I've already confirmed with Barney face to face. Count me in! whee-haaww. Time to finish off that half-cooked 6.5mm barrel from last year.
    Buzzer ... check yer PM's.
    See ya on the range gents/ladies.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    So I have a question regarding the kit. ...learn to shoot my hunting rifle in 7mm Rem Mag or 270Win out to 600 yds.
    Military ranges are templated for certain calibers like 223 and 308. They don't let anyone shoot non-military cartridges like 270 or 7mm rem mag.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre427 View Post
    Military ranges are templated for certain calibers like 223 and 308. They don't let anyone shoot non-military cartridges like 270 or 7mm rem mag.
    Oh, I didn't know that. I'll have to stick with .308 then I guess.

From the posting it seemed like anything larger than a 223 would be ok? I figured .338 lapua or a 50 bmg are military cartridges too and a lot more powerful than 7mm RM or 270 so might be ok.

270 and 338 are good to go. The ranges are templates for specific calibres.

Roll Call - who's going?

I'll be back with my M305. I am still stubbornly trying to get the most out of it, and this will be the test. I'll do better this time, but next time it will be the Savage FCP-K.
    Andy

Since 1958

Ill be back this year (did the sept '13 clinic). With anyluck, ill back in time to whip up some ammo for this! Sounds like a few familiar faces will be back as well!

Looks like I'll be making the haul out there as well.

So what're the opinions on the accoms?

1. About 10-15min from range control (and right by Kelseys) http://www.petawawaqualityinnandsuites.com/

2. 2 min from base with several fast food/pizza options close by http://www.petawawariverinnandsuites.ca/
    Last edited by Johnny Boom; 04-01-2015 at 12:02 PM.

I think youre overestimating the size of Petawawa. The two hotels are literally 2 minutes apart, and there are no fewer than 6 pizza places within that gap...im not kidding (Dominos, Pizza Pizza, Pizza Hut, 2-4-1 Pizza, Petawawa Pizza, Grecos) among other fast food joints.

See if theres someone coming up looking to split a room too, make it a little cheaper.

BANNED
    Petawawa River Inn is above a bar .... Great Canadian Warehouse ..Too loud and too young for me ...lol

Thanks for the input guys. Took the distances from the OP, I've never been to Petawawa, but it sounds like we won't be hurting for pizza!