Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lights better suited as weaponlights?

CGN Regular

lights better suited as weaponlights?

Which of the fenix lights would be best recommended as weapon lights? I have a PD35 however heard they might not be the best for taking the abuse from a rifle's recoil.

Any truth to that? If so, which fenix products would provide similar performance in a more gun friendly design?

Thanks
    Eric
    NFA & CSSA member - remember the T97, SigArms, cz858, AP80, etc.

I had a Fenix TK12 on my AR for quite a while, seemed fine after lots of shooting but then it started draining batteries really quick and would sometimes not come on fully bright unless I twisted the bezel on/off a bunch of times, like there was some loose connection starting up or something. I just stick with Surefire and Streamlights now, little pricier but they work all the time.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

I have the Fenix TK22 that works well on a rifle. Fenix makes a picatinny mount for it, but any light mount of correct size would work of course.

The TK22 is heavier and larger than most lights specifically designed for weapons only but it also makes an extremely tough and well made hand light. I'm not going to have 3 $100.00+ lights in my house so one that's equally at home on my rifle or in my pocket is what I was after. The TK22 fit the bill and I love it, easily recommended.

I had a Streamlight Strion before my Fenix, and much prefer the Fenix.

CGN Regular
    I have several Fenix lights and have used on rifles and shotguns. Any with the a 1" tube have worked fine..I think the mount choice is more critical. I have used the Fenix mount with no problems either.

All low volume to be fair.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The Fenix TK's get a 15 or a 22. They also make a remote switch for that series. I have both as I recently upgraded to the 22 so the 15 is now mounted permanently on my shotty. Use to use a Surefire G2 that still see's some limited use as I have the IR filter for it for use with my NV scope.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
    Which of the fenix lights would be best recommended as weapon lights? I have a PD35 however heard they might not be the best for taking the abuse from a rifle's recoil.

Any truth to that? If so, which fenix products would provide similar performance in a more gun friendly design?

Thanks
    Eric
    Hello Eric

While Fenix doesn't make a dedicated light for mounting, Lots of Fenix owners mount their PD35. Other currently available models that seem to be mounted the most would be our TK15 and TK22, These are all double sprung to help with impact or recoil. I'm sure you will find that most customers that mount their Fenix lights will tell you they work very well.

Regards

*****Deleted cause Im a dolt***** thanks for not blasting into me, I didn't read what forum I was in.
    On a side note, I use the Fenix mount, Its awesome.
    Dan
    Last edited by Dano99; 03-08-2015 at 08:39 PM.
    CSSA Member

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano99 View Post
    I found a Genesis Predator 1" diameter at SAIL for $40 currently on sale from $60. Has momentary push as well as low, medium, high beams and strobe. nice and lite and uses only one cr123. Fits nicely in a Fenix pica tiny mount. Doesn't list it on the Genesis site so it must be a SAIL exclusive.
    Hey Dano99
    The poster of the question in our dedicated Fenix forum has asked

Any truth to that? If so, which Fenix products would provide similar performance in a more gun friendly design?

Please lets keep to the posters question about Fenix products as that is the purpose of our Forum, if you want to post about sale prices of other brands please do so in the appropriate area

Regards

I run the a pd35 with the fenix mount on my SXP. The plastic liner that comes with the mount is junk. It's used to bulk up he diameter of various lights to fit better. I cut a section of inner tube to do that job instead. The light has held up very well. My only gripe is that about a month after I got my pd35 they released an updated version that is about 10% brighter.

delete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast