$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M1 Springfield Loaded build ! -sigh-

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBen View Post
    Where did you send me a message? I can't find it. I only have experience with the regular CASM. It's been working out good so far.

Tony.
    Sorry Tony, I sent you one on youtube ! I don't even know where to find my inbox on there ! Thank for the reply ! I should of sent one on here !

got an update guys, Frank has sent me a M14/M1A CASM EX mount to try out, we also talked about me sending my medium barrel Springfield so they could take the proper measurements and what not to make a SHG for a medium barrel rifle...we'll seewhat the future brings ! Frank can work magic like we know...he just needs some time !

I made the same mistake you did, bought both the LSP and RS stock. In the end, took the ORG to a local shop and had it modified to fit perfectly. Now for the LSP, well thats not going in ever. Looking forward to the day they make the LSP and SHG for medium or heavy barrels. Should not take much to alter the design I hope!

Quote Originally Posted by fewixtwo View Post
    I made the same mistake you did, bought both the LSP and RS stock. In the end, took the ORG to a local shop and had it modified to fit perfectly. Now for the LSP, well thats not going in ever. Looking forward to the day they make the LSP and SHG for medium or heavy barrels. Should not take much to alter the design I hope!
    Did you have problems with the RS stock ? Not sure what "ORG" is sorry !

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi204 View Post
    Did you have problems with the RS stock ? Not sure what "ORG" is sorry !
    ORG is the Operating Rod Guide. The Blackfeather kit provides an ORG that replaces the stock unit and attaches to the stock (where the stock unit floats). The ORG slides on the barrel and fits very tight (as it should). The portion of the barrel onto which the ORG fits should be the same diameter in a medium and standard barrel but it sounds like some medium barrels have a slightly larger barrel boss diameter. The heavy barrels are too fat for the Blackfeather ORG.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

so I may have issues with the BlackFeather kit on mine then...?

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi204 View Post
    so I may have issues with the BlackFeather kit on mine then...?
    My Springfield M1A Loaded has its barrel marked "NM 308" and tapers heavily. I dont have the outside barrel diameter of my barrel, but in order to properly fit the op rod guide (ORG) that comes with the kit, I had to take it to a shop where they made it fit as per the instructions. My barrel was factory knurled making it impossible for me to take the factory ORG out as well and the shop smoothed the knurling. Good shops know what to do and have the proper tools to do so.

The only issue I had with the kit was just the proper fitting of the ORG. In the end that's the whole point of the stock, the rest is just loctite and screws. There's no perfect build, each build will have its own "issues". If you have to modify anything, modify the parts you buy, unless you are extremely sure of what you are doing. Keep the rifle as stock as possible.

I just finished my build as I received my CASM mount the other day and will probably go out and test it this weekend. As luck would have it, I had to take some material off it (its right side as the instructions suggest) to properly fit between the ears of the match peephole sight, RIP sexy black paint, sigh.

One thing I learned here, if you plan on modifying any gun/rifle, just buy the standard model of it, don't try to be fancy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12