$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M1 Springfield Loaded build ! -sigh-

M1 Springfield Loaded build ! -sigh-

hey guys, I'm in kind of a bind here and i'm looking for some ideas on what I can do with the the M1 Loaded! I had BIG plans to make my Springfield look like one of the M1's on the Blackfeather displays which are on the site....unfortunately I choose a version with the Medium barrel....I am unable to mount the SHG or the LSP and really that's the look I wanted....now I'm wondering what I can do to get a Battlerain installed ? Can I install the Blackfeather RS and use a Troy or other type of rail on the barrel ? I am new to the modding scene...exactly why I'm in this predicament now! I wanted to order everything from m14 but I'm just not sure how the M1 will look with the CASMŽ "GEN II" "EX"(Extended) installed and the Blackfeather RS...can't really find any pictures of those two addons together....everything has the LSP or SHG installed! Any info would be appreciated guys !

Big Mouth
    Check out tonyben3 on youtube. he also has posted on the M14.ca official picture thread. He is the guy to ask!!!

I've already sent him a message ! Awaiting the reply !
    Thank ! Hopefully he has some answers

Big Mouth
    Keep us informed. Like to know as I was close to buying the loaded. Working on my M305 now. I think I have a ping...

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Keep us informed. Like to know as I was close to buying the loaded. Working on my M305 now. I think I have a ping...
    By m305 do you mean a Norinco ? I usually only find guys who own the Norinco brand always refer to them as such ! BUT...I am new lol !

Big Mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemi204 View Post
    By m305 do you mean a Norinco ? I usually only find guys who own the Norinco brand always refer to them as such ! BUT...I am new lol !
    Yes. I have 3 and what I'm finding is they are all not the same quality?? Looks like the one I bought 10 yrs. ago seems to be the better one..

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Yes. I have 3 and what I'm finding is they are all not the same quality?? Looks like the one I bought 10 yrs. ago seems to be the better one..
    Humm seems like everything older is built better! Like cars!! lol Well I could of got the cheaper version and avoided all these issues, but I got eager and didn't fully research the project before I had the Springfield shipped!
    I just really wish m14.ca would make a medium barrel version of the LSP & SHG ! But I'm guessing the demand isn't as high as the standard barrel rifles !
    Last edited by Hemi204; 03-08-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemi204 View Post
    hey guys, I'm in kind of a bind here and i'm looking for some ideas on what I can do with the the M1 Loaded! I had BIG plans to make my Springfield look like one of the M1's on the Blackfeather displays which are on the site....unfortunately I choose a version with the Medium barrel....I am unable to mount the SHG or the LSP and really that's the look I wanted....now I'm wondering what I can do to get a Battlerain installed ? Can I install the Blackfeather RS and use a Troy or other type of rail on the barrel ? I am new to the modding scene...exactly why I'm in this predicament now! I wanted to order everything from m14 but I'm just not sure how the M1 will look with the CASMŽ "GEN II" "EX"(Extended) installed and the Blackfeather RS...can't really find any pictures of those two addons together....everything has the LSP or SHG installed! Any info would be appreciated guys !
    I have installed the Blackfeather stock on 2 rifles with the medium barrel. One is an M1A loaded, the other is a Norico that I installed an M1A medium wieght take off barrel, In both cases I had to modify the Op Rod Guide to fit the mediunm barrel, it needs to be reamed/beveled to allow it to fit far enough back on the barrel to line up with the bolt for the stock tension. Is not that difficult but takes a while to remove enough metal to make it fit, it would be best done on a lathe though. This way only one part is modified and the barrel is not touched so the rifle could be put back in an original stock if desired in the future.
    Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by rodauto View Post
    I have installed the Blackfeather stock on 2 rifles with the medium barrel. One is an M1A loaded, the other is a Norico that I installed an M1A medium wieght take off barrel, In both cases I had to modify the Op Rod Guide to fit the mediunm barrel, it needs to be reamed/beveled to allow it to fit far enough back on the barrel to line up with the bolt for the stock tension. Is not that difficult but takes a while to remove enough metal to make it fit, it would be best done on a lathe though. This way only one part is modified and the barrel is not touched so the rifle could be put back in an original stock if desired in the future.
    Rodney
    Whenever I figure out what I'm doing....I think the gunsmith will be installing the mod for me ! Its not the stock I have an issue with...I really like that LSP(Long Sight Plane) & SHG(Scout Hand Guard)....both parts are not compatible with the medium barrel...and to me those are two very vital components of the build! Those modern battlerails look really good & have great benefits !

Where did you send me a message? I can't find it. I only have experience with the regular CASM. It's been working out good so far.

Tony.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast