South African 7.62x51 Battle Packs

We have just made a small purchase of South African 7.62x51 146 Grn. FMJ (berdan primed)in sealed rubber /plastic battle packs of 140 rounds (7 boxes of 20)...$80. Phil.

This was originally described as boxer primwed before we received it. It is clearly Berdan primed, non corrosive, 146 Grn match bullet. We are contacting customers before shipping to make sure that's not a problem. This was a one time deal, this ammo is going for $85 to $99 US in the United States so I think it's a great deal. Over one third of our shipment sold in one day. Phil.

Combat ammo with a match bullet? This is an error, correct?

We have just made a small purchase of South African 7.62x51 146 Grn. FMJ (berdan primed)in sealed rubber /plastic battle packs of 140 rounds (7 boxes of 20)...$80. Phil.

This was originally described as boxer primwed before we received it. It is clearly Berdan primed, non corrosive, 146 Grn match bullet. We are contacting customers before shipping to make sure that's not a problem. This was a one time deal, this ammo is going for $85 to $99 US in the United States so I think it's a great deal. Over one third of our shipment sold in one day. Phil.

why does this surplus Berdan primed ammo says "non corrosive"? i thought all Berdan primed surplus ammo are corrosive.

why does this surplus Berdan primed ammo says "non corrosive"? i thought all Berdan primed surplus ammo are corrosive.

The corrosive nature of some ammo comes from salts used in the priming compound. Berdan and boxer are simply form factors for primers. You can have corrosive boxer and non-corrosive berdan.

I have purchased similar rubber battle packs in the past. Impossible to tear open and when finally cut apart some of the ammo was corroded. What is the overall condition of these cartridges and packaging?

Disregard , I just received my confirmation , I'm surprised this stuff is still in stock , I guess all the Hutterites are still nervous about mixing 308/762

Back
Top Bottom