Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gsg 1911 22

A good pistol should not be fussy about which ammo it eats period. Just sayin. I have a nice lil ruger.Happy to eat all ammo and never complains

Quote Originally Posted by Len One O View Post
    I just purchased the "Sig" version. I know they are the exact same gun but all my pistols are Sig and a extra fifty bucks is worth the name to me. I wanted to see who had luck with what ammo.
    The grips alone are worth the extra fifty bucks.
    If there are no dogs in heaven.....When I die I want to go where they go.

CGN frequent flyer
    I have had two of them, and they have both run like a top. Lube the rails and use mini-mags to break it in, or polish the rails with a small touch of mother's mag. With a little bit of work you'll have a 22 1911 with a great trigger, reliable, and tac accurate.

One of mine get's a ton of usage, the other was a bit more of a show piece, but is just as reliable and accurate.

One of the best $'s I've spent on this hobby.

Thanks,
    Cal.

Doesnt the gsg have a zinc slide and the sig aluminum? Otherwise completely the same.

I've stayed away from these GSG 1911's when I heard about them blowing up in peoples faces, cracked slides, ammo issues...etc. They're tempting but didn't care to find out on whether they resolved the issues or not. Google "GSG 1911 blow up". Whenever I see them I just look the other way.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Tech View Post
    I've stayed away from these GSG 1911's when I heard about them blowing up in peoples faces, cracked slides, ammo issues...etc. They're tempting but didn't care to find out on whether they resolved the issues or not. Google "GSG 1911 blow up". Whenever I see them I just look the other way.
    Seriously? I found 1 story about a GSG that had a cracked slide when I googled that. The one link that actually mentioned blowing up linked to adult friend finder. I know numerous people who own GSGs, and have owned two myself, and have never heard anything even remotely close to the chaos you're describing. Anybody can blow up any type of gun if they're careless/stupid enough.

FWIW my GSG has over 10k rounds through it and the only thing I've changed is the recoil spring and red bushing.

If you don't want one or don't want to expend the minimal effort required to get them feeding reliably then fair enough. A post that like that may instill fear in the noob shooter may cause them to steer away from an excellent pistol that can teach them a lot about the fundamentals of shooting.

Thanks,
    Cal.

CGN Regular
    what model is the sig you guys are comparing the GSG to ? Ive been considering a GSG for a while; with a better slide and better grips the Sig doesnt seem to bad a deal for $50 more

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Tech View Post
    Could that have been the SIG Mosquito.. they broke slides on a regular bases for awhile and they were made by GSG for SIG

Sig 1911 22

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Mine will only work reliably with Remington yellow jackets but I'm going to polish it a bit. The color coating definitly creates drag. Best feeling 22 pistol I've shot though.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast