Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gsg 1911 22

The only problem that l have had with my GSG 1911 is that the firing pin broke. Probably from dry firing it (my fault). But Blue Line Solutions sent my a new one in the mail within a week of me emailing them. The pistols are great. Much cheaper to feed than my SR1911! I'd recommend them to anyone looking for a nice .22

My next purchase is going to be the ZRTS kit.

Did anyone change the front sight?

I tried all 3 front sights, went back to the medium one that came installed on it. Just a matter of getting used to it. Ammo choice will vary POI anyway.
    Or were you talking about a FO sight? haven't tried that, but I like the one on my 45

I own three 22,sig is the worst GSG shoots anything flawless

Old post but adding info for solving ammo feed issues

I bought the sig version and had issues with several types of ammo first time out. Put fine grit metal polish (the liquid type) on rails and components and cycled while watching a movie. Rinse and repeat as needed. I had to repeat four times until slide felt like it was running on glass. Almost two hours time overall.

After a thorough cleaning saw a number of spots where finish was polished off. Has functioned flawlessly since. I regularly use standard velocity Federal Eagle (the real cheap 38 gr ones) with absolutely no issues. I have noticed wear on the guide rod which will likely need replacing soon. The shock buff is also starting to deteriorate as well. Mind you this is with around 4-5k down the pipe. Also disabled mag safety on the side of m.s. Housing. Was damn annoying. Highly recommended mod. Just take out slider bar & spring. Easy peasy.

After the initial "fitting" of the components, I have been very happy with this firearm. My daughter can regularly shoot 10-12" rapid fire groups at 25 yards with it, and do 1-2" taking her time. I'm thinking the ZRTS ultimate upgrade kit will tighten these groups up.

If you can get these for $400 or less, it's a good deal IMO. Just be prepared to do a little "fitting"
    Last edited by Lequarius; 01-13-2018 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Added top notation as was old post
    Para 16.40 fully tricked out by Roger Katanko at Dark Industries

I polished my slide, swapped out the front sight and use Thunderbolt ammo.

Works perfect and gives me no issues, I think its a great rig and puts lots of rounds downrange wkth it

I use a light oil for lube
    "RIP" KLUNK. BROTHERS FOREVER!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I too polished the slide and cleaned up a couple rough spots. It runs quite well now after its had a few hundred rounds through it.

Quote Originally Posted by CDNGN View Post

My next purchase is going to be the ZRTS kit.
    When mine is due for some freshening up I'll be installing that kit as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kzauger View Post
    where r u guys getting all the ammo from?
    Cabelas has CCI mini mags on sale right now, $7.99 a box.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast