Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Gsg 1911 22

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R_Tech View Post
    I've stayed away from these GSG 1911's when I heard about them blowing up in peoples faces, cracked slides, ammo issues...etc. They're tempting but didn't care to find out on whether they resolved the issues or not. Google "GSG 1911 blow up". Whenever I see them I just look the other way.
    I highly doubt that a .22 has enough power to cause the pistol to blow up in your face.... a cracked slide and some jams is about all that I have ever seen or heard of.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have the zrts kit installed. In my opinion this is mandatory. It should come this way out of the factory. The benefits of the zrts:
    1-Can use any ammos. Even the winchester 555 and m22 cycle correctly;
    2-No need to readjust the front sight height after cleaning;
    3-Tighter group.

Number 2 and 3 are obvious consequences of a tighter bushing. But when you think about it for a second, cycling correctly and not having to swap front sight are normal features on every gun, and that's why I say the gun should come with a zrts from the factory.

I had one, put throusands of rounds through it. Was decent for the price. Finish is very weak and they mark up easily, and I'd agree the ZRTS kit is a must. When I sold it I couldn't get any more for it with the kit than without, so I pulled the kit out put the mag safety and other junk back in, sold them separate and got most of my money back. Just don't lose the factory parts.

How much are the ZRTS kits?

Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    How much are the ZRTS kits?
    $95

Thanks, Next time I strip the gun down for cleaning I'll give it a good look. If anything looks like it may need replacing, I'll get a kit on order.

Quote Originally Posted by Lequarius View Post
    Old post but adding info for solving ammo feed issues

I bought the sig version and had issues with several types of ammo first time out. Put fine grit metal polish (the liquid type) on rails and components and cycled while watching a movie. Rinse and repeat as needed. I had to repeat four times until slide felt like it was running on glass. Almost two hours time overall.

After a thorough cleaning saw a number of spots where finish was polished off. Has functioned flawlessly since. I regularly use standard velocity Federal Eagle (the real cheap 38 gr ones) with absolutely no issues. I have noticed wear on the guide rod which will likely need replacing soon. The shock buff is also starting to deteriorate as well. Mind you this is with around 4-5k down the pipe. Also disabled mag safety on the side of m.s. Housing. Was damn annoying. Highly recommended mod. Just take out slider bar & spring. Easy peasy.

After the initial "fitting" of the components, I have been very happy with this firearm. My daughter can regularly shoot 10-12" rapid fire groups at 25 yards with it, and do 1-2" taking her time. I'm thinking the ZRTS ultimate upgrade kit will tighten these groups up.

If you can get these for $400 or less, it's a good deal IMO. Just be prepared to do a little "fitting"
    That's impressive neighter of mine will hold 2" at 25 from a rest let alone off hand.
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer chadeech's Avatar
    I got the Sig ,did the ZRTS upgrade a Hogue insert for grips and done
    accurate eats everything , great fun
    Disarming the victims is not gun control
    Veritas Aequitas

Can confirm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjm1971 View Post
    I had one, put throusands of rounds through it. Was decent for the price. Finish is very weak and they mark up easily, and I'd agree the ZRTS kit is a must. When I sold it I couldn't get any more for it with the kit than without, so I pulled the kit out put the mag safety and other junk back in, sold them separate and got most of my money back. Just don't lose the factory parts.
    Good to know. I'll do that too when I'm ready to part with mine.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast