Thread: Reviews of non-gun products (knife, pants, bags, sleeves)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Post Reviews of non-gun products (knife, pants, bags, sleeves)

Thought I'd review a few products for you peeps. I'll try not to repeat what's in the product description, and add relevant pictures. The price I list are the ones I paid, you'll have to visit the website for current prices.

Desert Storm CQB Dagger Serrated
    Price: 20$
    I start these reviews with the bad. The dagger I got is crooked at the tip (I've tried to show it in my pictures, but the camera on my phone isn't great), like if someone placed it on a steel plate and hit the handle with a hammer. I hope this is just a one off, and not a lack of quality control across the board, because other than that it's a fine piece for the price. For the price of the knife, it's not worth the shipping price to send it back to canam for an exchange. I might try to flatten the tip with a hammer or file it, cause right now it gets stuck in the sheath, but I'm not equipped to really fix 440 steel correctly, so it's kind of a loss for me.

Anyway, let's suppose only mine is crooked and let's go on with the review: The handle is nice, with a rubber sleeve, and the butt of the handle can be used to pummel something. The serrations are fully functional, I've managed to cut some plastic with it, and I'm certain I could use it to saw small pieces of wood or bone. The blade is thick enough, and the whole knife feels solid in my hand. The blade was quite dull upon arrival, but it's not a problem, 440 steel is easy enough to sharpen.

The plastic sheath that comes with it is kinda cheap, but I'm ok with that, I bought a knife, not a sheath.

I'm giving it 4.5 stars out of 5. Mine is a 0.5/5, as it's still useable, but barely.
    Pics:

Dominion Gear - Lockable Pistol Sleeve - Black
    Price: 8$
    Now we're talking! These sleeves are the best invention since slice bread. They are ridiculously inexpensive, lockable (so they fulfill our stupid "Lock the firearms in a sturdy, non-transparent container" to transport regulation), and most importantly, they protect the guns from banging against each other in the range bag. I've bought like 6 of them, and when I go to the range, I take as many guns as I want with me, each in a sleeve, and put the sleeves, ammo, mags, tools, whatever I need in my range bag, and go on my way. They all have the same combination, so I never have to break one open.

The sleeves are big enough to contain the largest firearms, except the crazy ones like the 10'' desert eagle. Here is my normal deagle (6'') in a sleeve. 5 stars out of 5.

Dominion Gear - Double Pistol Bag - Black
    Price: 20$
    I bought this at the same time I bought the first sleeve (see above). They're ok to fit most guns, but they're not very convenient. They're double-zippered, so you can lock them, but you'll need to buy a tiny padlock (only 5$, but that's still adding 25% to the cost of the bag). Once you've put 2 guns and a few magazines in there, it's full. So you'll need another container for ammos, and anything else you might want to bring with you. I'd rather have a larger carry bag that contains everything.
    3 stars out of 5.
    No pictures.

Dominion Gear - Rifle/Pistol Bag - Black
    Price: 40$
    This one I like. It's supposed to be made to carry up to 8 handguns, but I use it to carry my AR15. There's kind of a flap to separate the bag in 2, so I place the upper on one side and the lower on the other, so they don't bang against each other. The front compartment contains magazines, and whatever tools, sights, scope or stuff I might require. I'm fairly certain I could also place a pistol and a complete cqb rig in there, so it would be the perfect cqb bag.

My only beef with it is that it could come with a lockable devices similar as the one on the sleeves instead of a double-zipper. That would save me a padlock. Not a big thing on this one.

4.5 stars out of 5.
    Here's a picture of it containing my upper (16.5''):

Pants
    Dominion Gear Tactical Operator Pants - Multiple colors
    Price: 30$
    I've bought black, coyote and khaki. Just ordered Navy blue, but haven't received so can't review that color.
    The material is quite tough. I crash landed 4 times in a row while paragliding last summer, the knees were completely green from sliding on the grass, but not a rip. The pants are also comfortable, and they come in all sizes, which is great, not everyone has the same proportions, and I know if I eat too much turkey during the holidays, I can get a few pairs that are larger without having to grow longer legs... Overall I feel like I got pants worth 60-80$ for 30$ each.

The only cons:
    -The black pants are washing out. After washing them about 5-8 times, the color is getting more grey than black. I have 2 pairs of black and both do that. Khaki and coyote don't have that problem, so I guess it's just the darker colors. I've bought a pair of navy blue and I guess the same will happen.
    -The buttons aren't sewed very well. That's not a big problem, it takes 5 minutes to sew a button back on correctly.

Light colors: 4.5 stars out of 5.
    Dark colors (black): 4 stars out of 5.

No picture cause I'm ugly AF.

About the Dominion Gear - Rifle/Pistol Bag, does it fits the definition of a "sturdy, non-transparent container" ?
    A soft "container" for restricted firearm could lead to being charged since the Zipper could readily be broken open.

Quote Originally Posted by kalashnikov View Post
    About the Dominion Gear - Rifle/Pistol Bag, does it fits the definition of a "sturdy, non-transparent container" ?
    A soft "container" for restricted firearm could lead to being charged since the Zipper could readily be broken open.
    I think most of the plastic cases would be easier to break open.
    Those bags may not be as strong as a bank bag but look tough.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by kalashnikov View Post
    Yes it does.