Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marlin 1895 In 45-70

I'm waiting on them to bring back the cowboy 1895

I own one and the fit and finish is not the best. This does not reflect on wolverine supplies they are awesome to deal with . but the gun itself is not like the ones that were made before marlin started being made by remington, the lever screw has come loose, the lever itself is extremely tight, i will post pictures. i have not even shot it yet. Not trashing marlin because i own 2 795 .22's and i love them and they are more accurate than a ruger 10/22 out of the box. i also own ruger 10/22's and they are awesome little guns to mod up.

I have the stainless laminate sbl i purchased from another dealer. I think remington is on the hook for this poor craftsmanship. The older marlins are hands down the best bang for your buck very well made and crafted guns. People say that remington has fixed the issues but my model was manufactured in 2013. And its honestly garbage. I just got a lemon maybe.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    The new ones have much better fit and finish than the ones that came out after Remington took over. They are improving a lot.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I bought a rossi-rio-grande similar to the GBL on the cheap when funds were tight instead of the SBL I had wet dreams about............ NOT cool

PROUD MEMBER OF I.U.O.E. local 793

BANNED
    if you dont buy the SBL dont buy anything!

I realize that but these still have a long way to go.

I have the laminate sbl hunter in 45/70

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    ONe of mine was made in 1975 and the other in 1981 LOL.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Quote Originally Posted by paul1shooter View Post
    I own one and the fit and finish is not the best. This does not reflect on wolverine supplies they are awesome to deal with . but the gun itself is not like the ones that were made before marlin started being made by remington, the lever screw has come loose, the lever itself is extremely tight, i will post pictures. i have not even shot it yet. Not trashing marlin because i own 2 795 .22's and i love them and they are more accurate than a ruger 10/22 out of the box. i also own ruger 10/22's and they are awesome little guns to mod up.

I have the stainless laminate sbl i purchased from another dealer. I think remington is on the hook for this poor craftsmanship. The older marlins are hands down the best bang for your buck very well made and crafted guns. People say that remington has fixed the issues but my model was manufactured in 2013. And its honestly garbage. I just got a lemon maybe.
    You might be eligible for a recall/return because tons of those rifles got sent back to factory shortly after Remington took over.

I held off buying one for two years because all the ones I HAD touched were dog####. The ones I've touched recently have been much better put together however....I think my credit card knows it's about to be abused.

I Have GBL 2012 vintage. Cycles smoothly and shoots very well. Wood to metal fit had small gaps which a bit of judicious bedding cured. For the money it was an excellent purchase.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast