NcS-VECO434QRB.jpg

Micro green dot
NcS-VDGRLT.jpg

NcS-VDGRLB.jpg

Green Laser & 4 Color NAV LED
NcS-VLG4NVQRT.jpg

NcS-VLG4NVQRB.jpg

more stuff going up on the site later today and tomorrow

that ECO scope looks interesting. are the photo's touched up or do they look that good in real life too?

thanks for bringing this in! :)

No touch ups, NCstar has really stepped up their game, these scope/lasers look/feel amazing and perform very well.

OK, being a complete noob on the subject of lasers, for the Green Laser & 4 Color NAV LED, can anybody chime in and enlighten me/us on what exactly the 4-colour NAV lights are for, and how that works, in 3000 words or less? ;-D
And also on the ECO scope, it only has 2-colour NAV lights, are those for the same purpose?

Ordered.

That ECO scope looks very ELCAN like and the elevation looks to be part of the mount.

Looking forward to mounting both the laser and scope on a TAN XCR

Some good info and other photos of the optic:

http://www.ncstar.com/product/product-detail.aspx?ModelNo=VECO434QRT&GroupNo=0

OK, being a complete noob on the subject of lasers, for the Green Laser & 4 Color NAV LED, can anybody chime in and enlighten me/us on what exactly the 4-colour NAV lights are for, and how that works, in 3000 words or less? ;-D
And also on the ECO scope, it only has 2-colour NAV lights, are those for the same purpose?

Low output light..basically lets you see a few feet in front of you to save your night vision. NAV= navigation... but I may be wrong.

Also, I forgot to ask in my previous post:
For the ECO scope, it says "New Glass Etched Urban Tactical Reticle (Blue illuminated) for Quick Target Acquisition".
So, is one to assume it has a crosshair etched in it, a blue illuminated crosshair?

Would it be possible to get a pic of the reticle posted up here? I'd like to know what style of reticle it is. Is it cailbrated for 5.56 or anything else? What units are the graduations on it in? I know it's a cheap as dirt scope, and no Elcan, but still would like to know some details like that.

Are these actually worth putting on anything bigger then a 22lr?ive only ever seen Ncstar stuff on air-soft toys

These do look pretty nice though...

Are these actually worth putting on anything bigger then a 22lr?ive only ever seen Ncstar stuff on air-soft toys

These do look pretty nice though...

N C STAR like most similar producers make a line fior air soft and pellet guns in addition to their more serious line of products for center fire rifles and handguns....
In addition you have the Marstar warranty behind any purchase.
John

John number 1 has said it before, not sure why he didn't just say it again, but I will add....... Lifetime warranty on NC Star and backed by Marstar's no BS warranty how can you go wrong?

Well I guess you could by an NC star product from a small retailer who won't help if the unit craps out..... but Marstar's good to deal with, just keep your receipt!

John are you guys still doing product demo reviews with the young tatoo guy? It would be nice to see some video on some of this stuff if possible.

Cheers.

I notice it says micro green dot and the actual laser is red. This confused me at first because my mind assumed green laser, red dot.
Will green lasers be an option on the micro style with a red dot?

My eyes prefer red dot's over green and green lasers over red.

Can't see any information on battery type either.

Last edited:
John number 1 has said it before, not sure why he didn't just say it again, but I will add....... Lifetime warranty on NC Star and backed by Marstar's no BS warranty how can you go wrong?

Well I guess you could by an NC star product from a small retailer who won't help if the unit craps out..... but Marstar's good to deal with, just keep your receipt!

John are you guys still doing product demo reviews with the young tatoo guy? It would be nice to see some video on some of this stuff if possible.

Cheers.

I notice it says micro green dot and the actual laser is red. This confused me at first because my mind assumed green laser, red dot.
Will green lasers be an option on the micro style with a red dot?

My eyes prefer red dot's over green and green lasers over red.

Can't see any information on battery type either.

I will try and get a video review up next week

The micro green dot has a green dot but also has a red laser on the top. Sadly we do not have any with a red dot and green laser, sorry.

The Eco scope and Dbal clone take CR123 batteries, the micro green dot takes the CR2032

Also, I forgot to ask in my previous post:
For the ECO scope, it says "New Glass Etched Urban Tactical Reticle (Blue illuminated) for Quick Target Acquisition".
So, is one to assume it has a crosshair etched in it, a blue illuminated crosshair?

Would it be possible to get a pic of the reticle posted up here? I'd like to know what style of reticle it is. Is it cailbrated for 5.56 or anything else? What units are the graduations on it in? I know it's a cheap as dirt scope, and no Elcan, but still would like to know some details like that.

My posted link shows the reticle.

John2 Looks like there is some video out there already...... Eco starts around 1min 40seconds.
Do you know if there are any issues running rechargeable CR123's with these?
[youtube]MGAhUPy0ynA[/youtube]

question about the Micro Green Dot sight. Can the laser be turned on and off separate from the green dot? I'm looking for something economical to put on my deer/turkey shotty but if the laser is on whenever the sight is on then this isn't the item for me (for obvious reasons!).

Thanks!

That ECO optic looks interesting, But I am very leery of NCstar as a brand.

I know it lacks the lense coatings, and will likely fail, but it does look very cool.

it might be worth looking into for my T97.

Last edited:
That ECO optic looks interesting, But I am very leery of NCstar as a brand.

I know it lacks the lense coatings, and will likely fail, but it does look very cool.

it might be worth looking into for my T97.

You should be Leery at that price.
Still waiting for "official" confirmation but last I saw posted online a few years ago by Marstar is that NC Star has a lifetime warranty. At the time I was led to believe that anything goes wrong you are covered similar to say Vortex. Most optic companies won't lifetime the "electrical" parts but Vortex does and as far as I know NC Star.

Maybe John can confirm that?

The Eco does look pretty cool, The light seems a bit gimmicky I'd prefer no light and the laser centered and lower below the lens.

Back
Top Bottom