Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Great experience with Marstar!

I was under the impression that I would get a "full quote" ie tax plus shipping before my credit card was charged, however, whatever I did or did wrong, I never saw that price...for all I know shipping could be a thousand bucks!

CGN Regular
    I was charged $22 to ship 1200 rounds of .32. I think that is more than reasonable.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by ed.griffin123 View Post
    I was under the impression that I would get a "full quote" ie tax plus shipping before my credit card was charged, however, whatever I did or did wrong, I never saw that price...for all I know shipping could be a thousand bucks!
    You may ask or specoify you want shipping costs before completing your order....
    John

Last edited by Ironers; 10-25-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    (John 3:16)

I have ordered a m305 m48bo sks and parts along with a few crates of ammo and always 5 star service.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by isartw View Post
    Never had a problem with Marstar. Pretty much fast and reliable. The only thing is they charge arm and leg for delivery even within Ontario.
    I have tried to explain MANY, MANY, times we DO NOT determine the various shipping rates.... Canpar, UPS, Fedex, Day & Ross, Canada Post, etc, etc, we are on line with all of them and charge our clients EXACTLY what each carrier charges us.... TAke it up with the carriers, don't blame us.
    John

CGN Regular
    North of Oakbank, South of Selkirk, West of Beausejour
    Very good customer service. I sent a gun back for some repairs and it was shipped back in very short order. They only has it for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    I have tried to explain MANY, MANY, times we DO NOT determine the various shipping rates.... Canpar, UPS, Fedex, Day & Ross, Canada Post, etc, etc, we are on line with all of them and charge our clients EXACTLY what each carrier charges us.... TAke it up with the carriers, don't blame us.
    John
    Well... First of all, I do not blame, I just telling about my experience.
    Second, to be honest with you, I'm not happy with the ordering process through your web site. You do not show the order total on the order form on your web site. You have good prices, this is right but you are in rural area. It looks like this is your business model and you do not want to scare your potential customer with your delivery charges. This is the only reason I see why you do not publish full order cost on the checkout form.

Quote Originally Posted by isartw View Post
    Well... First of all, I do not blame, I just telling about my experience.
    Second, to be honest with you, I'm not happy with the ordering process through your web site. You do not show the order total on the order form on your web site. You have good prices, this is right but you are in rural area. It looks like this is your business model and you do not want to scare your potential customer with your delivery charges. This is the only reason I see why you do not publish full order cost on the checkout form.
    you could simply email them for a shipping rate
    "Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    John
    That explanation doesn't wash with me John!! The sponsers that offer free shipping have negotiated a commercial, volume shipping rate. All you are doing is passing on the full retail shipping cost to the customer.. Tell me if I'm wrong...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast