Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington Canada Rep

Expired Industry Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Hope you have the original bill of sale, or you're SOL. Friend of mine is trying to get a major factory defect looked after but he is not the original owner. Gravel won't take responsibility for it, even though it is clearly a factory screw up, that wasn't noticed until he tried to install a rear peep sight. A crappy (is there any other kind??) Remington Marlin 336Y. He has no access to the original receipt.

No more new Remingtons or Marlins in my circle. Ever.
    The reason we ask for sales receipts is so that we can prove when the warranty period began. The warranty period normally begins from date of manufacture, but here at Gravel we are able to extend that period by starting it from the date of the sale to the original owner..
    No receipt is never a reason for denying a warranty claim.
    Oddly enough, we do have a Marlin 336Y being sent in for warranty service right now, with an issue that sounds very similar to what you are describing. Have your friend contact us so we can take care of him as well.
    Thanks for your concern.

Call or email the full details of your concern. I had a claim few months back, I do not the the invoice anymore but they replaced my red-dot sight with a brand new unit. Depending on how much wear caused by normal use or abuse, they have the option to decline the claim or do the repair for free. Or, do the repair at a minimal cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravel Agency View Post
    The reason we ask for sales receipts is so that we can prove when the warranty period began. The warranty period normally begins from date of manufacture, but here at Gravel we are able to extend that period by starting it from the date of the sale to the original owner..
    No receipt is never a reason for denying a warranty claim.
    Oddly enough, we do have a Marlin 336Y being sent in for warranty service right now, with an issue that sounds very similar to what you are describing. Have your friend contact us so we can take care of him as well.
    Thanks for your concern.
    Last edited by ambishooter; 08-13-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12