Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another wonderful day at the range!

CGN frequent flyer

Another wonderful day at the range!

Just came back from Grange. It was another great experience as it was nice and quiet with not many people there. And a big pleasure surprise was that I got to meet the lovely couple(leave their names out here for privacy) who are really nice to let me shoot their 629 & GP-100. It was the first time in my life that I shot .357 and .44. Man! it was awesome!!! After that, my .45ACP(SR1911 and G41) were like 9mm. Lol...

I feel so happy that I am in a great club with great people, and that I put these two on my to-own list(R8 and 629).
    CSSA Life Member

Having shot both 9mm and .45, I find that 9mm actually has more kick to it than the .45 -- and my .45 ammo is pretty hot Chinese stuff.
    I agree as well, the .357 magnum and .44 magnum makes everything else seem like .22s.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN frequent flyer crackerbarrel2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Having shot both 9mm and .45, I find that 9mm actually has more kick to it than the .45 -- and my .45 ammo is pretty hot Chinese stuff.
    I agree as well, the .357 magnum and .44 magnum makes everything else seem like .22s.
    What type of pistol's are you shooting your 9 and .45 from that you find the recoil lighter with the 9??..tks
    Last edited by crackerbarrel2; 03-22-2015 at 04:15 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    IMHO & personal experience, what you felt between 9mm & .45ACP might have more to do with the gun/trigger vs actual recoil. in my case, when I did my accuracy shoot, I didn't know I actually have to pass(land all shots on the yellow paper), so instead of choosing a gun I used during the safety shoot, I asked for a brand new P320 which cost me $30 and 2 hours my time because the new trigger was so heavy(and of course, my fundamental was not good), one round was out of paper with other 9 rounds all over the place on the paper. Then on my 2nd attempt, I asked for G21 because I knew the trigger is very light and short. I got 9 out 10 in the dead center, one was ont the edge of the paper(lucky me. ..). The 9 rounds were so close together that they had to count twice to confirm I actually had all on the paper. I was completely a newbie with no any experience with either caliber So, the question is like what crackerbarrel2 asked, what were you comparing against between 9mm & 45ACP? Of course, another thing is that 9mm & .40S&W tends to jump while 45acp is kind of kick straight back whihch is the reason some people feel 45acp is easier to control and like it more.

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    CSSA Life Member

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by luckey View Post
    IMHO & personal experience, what you felt between 9mm & .45ACP might have more to do with the gun/trigger vs actual recoil. in my case, when I did my accuracy shoot, I didn't know I actually have to pass(land all shots on the yellow paper), so instead of choosing a gun I used during the safety shoot, I asked for a brand new P320 which cost me $30 and 2 hours my time because the new trigger was so heavy(and of course, my fundamental was not good), one round was out of paper with other 9 rounds all over the place on the paper. Then on my 2nd attempt, I asked for G21 because I knew the trigger is very light and short. I got 9 out 10 in the dead center, one was ont the edge of the paper(lucky me. ..). The 9 rounds were so close together that they had to count twice to confirm I actually had all on the paper. I was completely a newbie with no any experience with either caliber So, the question is like what crackerbarrel2 asked, what were you comparing against between 9mm & 45ACP? Of course, another thing is that 9mm & .40S&W tends to jump while 45acp is kind of kick straight back whihch is the reason some people feel 45acp is easier to control and like it more.
    i chose a .22LR for my accuracy test. lol

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by thechineseguy View Post
    i chose a .22LR for my accuracy test. lol
    Were they at 20 yards ??

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxdj View Post
    Were they at 20 yards ??
    no. 7 metres, i believe.
    i had almost zero shooting experience at the time so i wanted the easiest calibre.

CGN Regular
    I feel when I shoot .45 out of a full size 1911, it seems to climb less than some polymer hand guns in 9mm...the .45 you can feel is has more power, but the recoil is not as snappy...

I find that if I shoot my 45acp first, the 9mm feel like nothing afterword and allows me to shoot more accurately.

I did my first of 3 supervised shoots today. No problems. They didn't have a .22 so we shot .38 special (from a .357 revolver) and 9mm H&K. Neither of us had shot a revolver before so we were a bit hesitant but the RO gave us a quick run down and it was easy enough. Except for that FRICKIN' long barrel? Felt like 24"!! I was all over the place (but on target) since I was shooting without my prescription inserts (I can see the foresight fine but the target not so well). Of course she smoked me with it. Always does. My 9mm group was a lot better but we've shot a lot of 9mm.

If I'd known they didn't have the .22 I could possibly have tried for a temporart ATT to bring my M&P22. As it is I "lugged" a box of them for nothing. I need a proper range bag, so another visit to Amazon.ca is in order.

I'm looking forward to getting my membership and being able to hang out more at the range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast