Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Modern Hunter, The Ultimate Irony

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_40cal View Post
    What are the benefits of going CFW over stainless?
    Weight and heat dissipation
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

I don't know, it just doesn't look right for a ATRS product not to be sitting on top of a freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    And another one is ready to go.

Ray does this look vaguely familiar?

The one I have on order is almost exactly like this!! I just have a 15" Fortis Switch Handguard!! I can't wait!! I will have to call tomorrow & see what # I am!

I have to say dealing with ATRS has been a pleasure! I just hope the early adopters of the Modern Hunter get first crack at the Modern Varmiter!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    The one I have on order is almost exactly like this!! I just have a 15" Fortis Switch Handguard!! I can't wait!! I will have to call tomorrow & see what # I am!

I have to say dealing with ATRS has been a pleasure! I just hope the early adopters of the Modern Hunter get first crack at the Modern Varmiter!

Cheers
    The more calls and emails asking "is my gun ready" only means we have to spend time answering and NOT building guns. PLEASE guys, we will contact you just as soon as your gun is ready.

Those who took the chance and were willing to pre-order a rifle before they even were in production WILL get 1st crack at the Modern Varminters once we have the RCMPs royal blessing and FRT#. As a perk they will get to have the same serial number as their Modern Hunters do, but that is a tale for another day.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The more calls and emails asking "is my gun ready" only means we have to spend time answering and NOT building guns. PLEASE guys, we will contact you just as soon as your gun is ready.

Those who took the chance and were willing to pre-order a rifle before they even were in production WILL get 1st crack at the Modern Varminters once we have the RCMPs royal blessing and FRT#. As a perk they will get to have the same serial number as their Modern Hunters do, but that is a tale for another day.
    Gehhh.

So after the first rrun of modern varmiters sells out to the guys who bought the first MH, will the rest of that have purchased a MH also get the chance to match our MH serial number?

PLEASEEEEEE?!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

The very first rifle is mine. Yup serial: Reaper

I am finally sitting down to eat after 14ish hours of driving back and forth. Out of base camp now back in to pick up my modern hunter.

Initial Thoughts...

If it shoots half as good as it looks, It will be unbelievable. A really nice piece all around. fit and finish is superb from what i can tell. I do have to say the cerakote was a wise choice. I went for the FDE for the simple reason that the RCMP may not look too hard upon it (not that it matters). Secondly, I figured most of the pre-orders would be black. I wanted to be different. I kept the stainless barrel because I originally assume the CF wouldn't take the same abuse. When i rebarrel, i will try the CF i think. the weight is good for a rifle like this. I was expecting more, or more unbalancing, especially considering the stock i chose (couldn't really decide on those). I also chose the black grip and mag to compliment the Nightforce scope that now calls that rifle home, as well as the lantac dragon that spearheads this beast. I think the black offsets the FDE quite nicely.

So thats my initial review. Once i handle this beast and have a chance to really check it over I'm sure i could offer a lot more.

I would say buy with confidence.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    The very first rifle is mine. Yup serial: Reaper

I am finally sitting down to eat after 14ish hours of driving back and forth. Out of base camp now back in to pick up my modern hunter.

Initial Thoughts...

If it shoots half as good as it looks, It will be unbelievable. A really nice piece all around. fit and finish is superb from what i can tell. I do have to say the cerakote was a wise choice. I went for the FDE for the simple reason that the RCMP may not look too hard upon it (not that it matters). Secondly, I figured most of the pre-orders would be black. I wanted to be different. I kept the stainless barrel because I originally assume the CF wouldn't take the same abuse. When i rebarrel, i will try the CF i think. the weight is good for a rifle like this. I was expecting more, or more unbalancing, especially considering the stock i chose (couldn't really decide on those). I also chose the black grip and mag to compliment the Nightforce scope that now calls that rifle home, as well as the lantac dragon that spearheads this beast. I think the black offsets the FDE quite nicely.

So thats my initial review. Once i handle this beast and have a chance to really check it over I'm sure i could offer a lot more.

I would say buy with confidence.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Big_red_truck View Post
    Does anyone know how to get out of a jam with this one if you get hassled by Leo's or department of natural resources enforcement??? They will obviously think it's a restricted
    It comes with a copy of the FRT and classification letter issued to ATRS on the rifle. A copy in the case would suffice, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    ATRS, just a question.

Any reason a AR10 Barrel Extension Torque Tool like the one shown below wouldn't work for the end user to switch barrels(with barrel nut wrench of corse)

Used in this fashion:

Or do you recommend a different way? Just trying to have everything lined up before hand. I'm assuming that those of us that ordered multiple barrels will receive each barrel with the barrel extension headspaced and ready to go.

Thanks!
    The tooling we use for assembly is very similar but is held in a vise so that things don't go fubar.
    We will be dealing with this as soon as we can. Only so much time unfortunately.
    Spare barrel WILL BE complete and ready to be installed on the upper.

Once again outstanding work ATRS! I really appreciate the opportunity to maintain the same serial number for my Modern Varminter by being one of the First Seven-Five, I am most definitely in.

Good things come to those that wait - but only when craftsmen take the time needed to make them right.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast