Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stag Arms Stripped Lower Receiver?

Stag Arms Stripped Lower Receiver?

Hi there,

Stag stripped lower receivers are out of stock on your site. Do you know when they will be back in stock?

Thanks
    Boz

I'm ready and waiting as well

Was emailing with Steve at AE and he said they were on order, but had no definite timeline as of yesterday.

Thanks for the update Allstone. Hopefully these will be in soon.

I'd probably grab one as well
    SJRGC
    Disclaimer: This post was generated by a robot. The contents of this posting are the ownership of the post creator, and may not be used, reproduced, or copied without the permission of the post creator.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Question to all above what made you guys choose to go with a stag stripped lower instead if say a spikes tac,
    ?
    Not questioning your choice just want to know what made you choose stag for your builds?

Comes down to the manufacturing. Stag is CMT, which is considered on par with any of the other brands. The quality and fit that i've seen on them is near perfect. Lots of it comes down to preference and what you've seen firsthand. Really tough to make a decision based on pics online if you haven't actually handled the item

Why not buy the complete Stag lower?

Stag/Spikes is a toss up.

I have both.

Exactly what Frosst said. Stag is actually CMT's in house brand. CMT has been in the business for over 40 years and supplies LE and Military. They actually are a DOD Certified Subcontractor. They manufacture parts (or have at one time) for some of the top brands like Noveske, Colt and Wilson Tactical etc as well. Their fit and finish are second to none. Spikes are nice as well and I believe they are supplied to them by Aero but not exactly sure. Like Frosst said it's personal preference and experience with them really. Most lowers and parts are made by the same manufacture these days with many coming off the same assembly line. There are many great Mil-Spec lowers and parts out there. I would say from what I have seen that LMT, CMT, and LAR make some of the nicer lowers though in terms of fit, finish and quality.

As for me I have been using a stag lower and upper, LPK, BCG and buffer tube for a while now with no issues. The fit and finish is great and those are the reasons I am looking for another. I am sure a spikes along with a few others are great but I have no experience with them personally.

As for why I don't buy the complete lower.. I already have a Geissele SSA trigger, LPK, Magpul grip and stock, Stag 6-position heavy buffer tube. Need a lower and few other things to complete my build.
    Last edited by Boz; 03-27-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Yeah, if you're particular and want specific parts, no need to grab a complete lower. Just grab a stripped one and build it exactly the way you want with the best parts you can afford/want. That applies to any brand of lower.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast