Thread: Remington Model 5

Remington Model 5

I've been looking for a few years for additional factory magazines for my Remington Model 5 .22 rifle,
    Remington does not support this rifle anymore, but the magazines are still being manufactured in Serbia under a different brand.
    The rifle is a Zastava model MP22 made in Serbia, and the magazine that is supposedly the same as the one for the model 5 is
    the M-ZMP22-5. Anyone heard of this? and are any being imported to Canada?
    I knew that there was a EAA factory mag being made, but unable to find any in Canada.
    Thanks for any help.

CGN Regular
    I have both a Remington model 5 and a zastava m5/m22 or whatever they brand it. The mags are interchangeable. I've have bought extra ones at p& d in the past. I don't see them often but they are around.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tjhaile's Avatar
    Trade Ex also has magazines.

Mossberg Plinkster magazines can also be modified to fit if you want 10-round magazines.

Thanks for the reply's and the PM's. I found them at Tradex, and have placed an order.

The magazines I ordered from Trade-ex arrived last tuesday, and they fit the Remington model five.
    Trade-ex lists them as Zastava Z5 lr rifle, 5 shot. The Zastava Z5 22lr mag also fits the Zastava M-ZMP22-5 or MP22.22LR rifles
    Anyway thanks for the point in the right direction, I have tried for a few years to purchase extra magazines.
    I find it a bit odd that Remington USA or Gravel Agency Inc. wouldn't know that these magazines are the same and made by the same
    manufacture that produced their model five.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Last edited by ben777lemay; 04-11-2015 at 12:28 PM.